Charlie Weis Offically Out...

UNIGuy4Cy

Nov 11, 2009
For those of you that want Stoops to leave the conference...IMO...I'd guess Kelly would be the front runner for the Oklahoma job. IMO, that's an upgrade.

Be careful what you wish for.
I am with Kelly being a major upgrade over Stoops at OU, Stoops only coaches about half of the games every season.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Can you imagine the melt down of SoonerNation?? EPIC wouldn't bother me a bit

I don't think it would be nearly as big as you think it would be. There are ALOT of folks ready to move past Stoops. His performance in BCS games the last few years has many seething.

7-5 this year isn't helping much either.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I knew Gruden was (doesn't he still live in Florida?) hadn't heard that about Shanahan

Shanahan is actually really close friends with Foley. Last time they were looking the reports were he was really thinking about it, but Denver was paying just too much to leave.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
My guess is that it will be Urban Meyer, especially if Fla. wins the the national championship.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
I don't think it would be nearly as big as you think it would be. There are ALOT of folks ready to move past Stoops. His performance in BCS games the last few years has many seething.

7-5 this year isn't helping much either.

Agreed, I think that it may be best for OU and Stoops to finally part ways.

also i heard that there were rumors on ND being interested in Ferentz, was that just speculation or did Ferentz say no?

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Instead of asking these coaches how much money it would take to get them to coach at ND...they should be asking them "can you win here".

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't see the meltdown in Norman should Stoops take the ND job for a coupe reasons...

- OU could land Kelly
- Stoops would be making a silly move

I just don't see Stoops succeeding there. Frankly, I wouldn't want the job with the restrictions and overt scrutiny. Is Sooner football crazy? Yes. But ND football is psychotic.

Every team in the Big 12 should fear Stoops leaving and Kelly coming into town.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Agree on Stoops. He's had some highly ranked teams that haven't cut it in BCS games lately, and this year was a near melt down until Oky State laid an egg in Norman this week. From an ISU perspective I would hate to see Kelly in the Big 12. He's been a huge winner at every level.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Weis will almost certainly be an OC in the NFL next year. I'd love to see him in KC.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
Hmmm. Kelly is a big winner. How would that not fit at OU or anywhere else?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I'm not convinced Kelly would be a success at OU. Doesn't seem like the right fit.

I'm not convinced either.

The offense is tailor made for him. As long as he got the right assistants and the injuries didn't kill 'em again, they'd win the South next year, period. Texas and OSU lose key people. OU lost Bradford weeks ago and Landry Jones has been getting "on the job training".

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I second not seeing Kelly at OU. I just don't see it. Gut feeling. Something tells me that Kelly is going to be in Cincy a few more years, not necessarily because of his own doing.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
Hmmm. Kelly is a big winner. How would that not fit at OU or anywhere else?

Different programs, different people, different conference, different decisions, different part of the country. A lot of coaches don't work out when people think they will based on their previous success. The world isn't black and white...step into the color my friend.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Stoops' success at OU is due largely in part to his ability to attract top athletes from Texas. I believe this is largely due to Stoops himself and his staff, and not OU the school, because it wasn't happening before Stoops got to OU.

For Kelly to be a success at OU, he would have to continue grabbing the Texas recruits. I don't know how well Kelly is connected in Texas.

ICCYFAN

Sep 6, 2006
Iowa City
All the Brian Kelly love is interesting, considering the majority of cyclonefanatic was not in favor of his hiring when it was rumored at ISU. As I recall it, a high percentage favored that fancy coordinator from Texas...

Somebody commented the Irish were still looking to replace Parseghian (hired away from Northwestern); I'll side with whomever suggested Pat Fitzgerald as an excellent candidate...