Charlie Weis Offically Out...

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I think Charlie and Tiger need to go on a vacation to Dubai to get away from all this crazy media talk

Reactions: Psyclone Brian

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I bet they end up with Brian Kelly. Everyone else they would want, (Stoops, Meyer, Carrol, etc) are all too smart to take that job and already have pretty good ones. Kelly's ego is huge and he will jump at the chance. Also, I think ND will make sure they have coach in hand before announcing interest in anybody. They cannot afford to look like nobody wants the job.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
I bet they end up with Brian Kelly. Everyone else they would want, (Stoops, Meyer, Carrol, etc) are all too smart to take that job and already have pretty good ones. Kelly's ego is huge and he will jump at the chance. Also, I think ND will make sure they have coach in hand before announcing interest in anybody. They cannot afford to look like nobody wants the job.

I heard Kelly has something in his contract about if ND comes knocking on his door he can leave without owing Cincinnati anything. If that's true, I would say he's the front runner.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
I don't think Kelly has proven enough for the Irish yet. I think Stoops really wants it, but not sure they want him.

ESPN radio report over lunch was that ND was prepared to offer Stoops the job. Stoops has commented that he hasn't even been interviewd.

TFWIW, which in coaching searches - about nothing.... :wink:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
ND can pay so much. Look what they paid that loser Weis. They can nab a bunch of good coaches with how much they pay them.

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
I think with Kelly stating a coach will be named in 7 days should be noted from the fact, everyone is done with championship games, etc and those "BIG" name schools want nothing more than to steal a bit of the press to showcase the new coach. Look for this to be announced...how about Friday afternoon.:wink:

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
I don't think Kelly has proven enough for the Irish yet. I think Stoops really wants it, but not sure they want him.

So you are saying they won't go down the Gerry Faust road...? ND has proven they will go to both ends of the spectrum H.School to Professional ranks.....:wink: to try and get their Man. They just have not replaced Ara yet.....

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Kelly to ND would be a mistake on ND's part imo. He takes a lot of high risk players right now..that wouldn't work at ND.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I just have some sneaking suspicion that they have something really big coming... For some reason, I keep thinking Bill Cowher or something like that.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Torn on this.

Closet ND fan here. REALLY don't like Bobby.

Open ISU fan. REALLY don't like Bobby.

:biglaugh:

I'm wondering why Notre Dame would be interested in Stoops? Lately he as sort of proven he can't win the big games, i.e., Texas has beaten them three of the last four years, Texas Tech has taken two of four, lost to Florida in the NC game last year for the third straight bowl game loss dating back to Boise State in 2006.

I know he lost his Heisman quarterback earlier in the year, and a star receiver to a horrible accident last spring, but still.

I know he started out great at OU, but this year he finishes 7-5. They lost to BYU for crying out loud.

It may be easier to get to the top of the hill than it is to remain king of the hill.

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Notre Dame: Bob Stoops sent a text this morning to a reporter, “On the record, I am not (interviewing). First I’ve heard of this (rumor).”

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Charlie's already got a job waiting...

Charlie Weis is out as Notre Dame head football coach, a source close to the program told the Daily News. AD Jack Swarbrick has decided to make a change after Weis finished the season with a 6-6 record and four straight losses to Navy, Pitt, Connecticut and Stanford. Weis coached Notre Dame for five years and leaves with a 35-27 record. He has told friends in South Bend he has at least six offers from NFL teams to become their offensive coordinator. – New York Daily News