At what point...

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Jp is on his 3rd coach. It's been more than just one game.

What more do you want JP to do? Fans were restless with Mac, so he hired one of the best coordinators in CFB, national assistant coach of the year that led a national championship defense and had ties to talent-rich areas. Then he gave that coach everything he wanted to help him be successful. But didn't work.

Hired promising assistant with ISU ties. Firey guy who the players would love. That staff had a young up-and-comer, genius OC and sage veteran DC. JP gave him all he could to help him win - indoor practice facility, football-only building, updated stadium.

When it was clear it wasn't going to work, he hired one of the best young coaches in CFB, a guy who was going to be a candidate for a few jobs. Then he basically had given that staff everything he can to help them get it turned around.

Again, what else do you want from JP? What AD has done it better?

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
What I don't like that is on Jamie is the smoke that is constantly being blown up our asses. I am fine that we are terrible. But don't do this whole stupid storm crap and all these stupid videos. Just tell us it's going to take some time and go to work.

Cyclonetrombone

Aug 25, 2010
Madison, Wisconsin
Obligatory response from me... JP signed a contract that pretty much allows us to lose to one of the perennial top 5 or 10 FCS team in the country. AND we are paying them for that loss... We put out 500K for each of these visits, is the gate revenue that high to generate an ROI?? Really... we could pay anyone else about the same to come here. Our fans will show up first game of the year regardless. Or if it is going to be a loss just prostitute ourselves to one of the big dogs looking to get an easy win over a power five team to boost their play off resume. If we lost to anyone not named UNI there would be less of an uproar.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron