Anyone going to K-State game?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Congratulations. You picked a winner!

(or she picked you. One of the two)

Thanks. She KNEW I was going to be ******* livid. And she was right. She goes to games with me but isn't a huge sports ball fan (as she will tell you). But she knows I care, usually too much.

Reactions: Aclone

Bestaluckcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 25, 2009
It’s Mrs. Best birthday so we are combining the game with a weekend in KC. We ordered the $50 seats. Don‘t know if they are worth the extra charge or not. If there are any Hawkeye fans by us we may be joining you in the $35 seats.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Ive never attended an ISU game outside of Ames and NOT seen a Hawkeye fan.

85% of current and former Big 12 stadiums, Liberty Bowl, Alamo Bowl, both KC Farmageddons. Hawk fans, in gear, at all of them

I can add Pinstripe Bowl, and Big 12 MBB in Dallas (!!!) to that list.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I can't believe how many think their fans are like ours. 2nd worst fans I've encountered outside of Iowa City. BB worse than FB to be fair.

You’re viewing this through a rivalry lens.

They’re a Midwestern ag and engineering land grant school. If you don’t think that immediately creates a lot of commonality right off the get go, you’re crazy.

I find their fans annoying online but in real life they’re us in purple. Sorry.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
You’re viewing this through a rivalry lens.

They’re a Midwestern ag and engineering land grant school. If you don’t think that immediately creates a lot of commonality right off the get go, you’re crazy.

I find their fans annoying online but in real life they’re us in purple. Sorry.
1 football game and 2 BB games there form my opinion. Multiple groups chastised me walking through the grass parking lot on the way to the game with me not saying a word. This was 2005 where we had a huge comeback to win. Snyder's first retirement. So that was awesome, but I was nervous headed out.

First bb game went to the bathroom with my older friend, late 50s, nicest guy in the world and some punk students started **** with him.

Second bb game tickets through Charter. Fans behind us were awful.

Just because our schools are similar our fans are not.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I can't imagine anyone having a hard time at K-State. Most of the adult fans are farmers. Sure, if you are around the students, you're more likely to catch a load of crap. But why would you be there in the first place, to get a closer look?

E1nYvNSXIAcrW65

• Dumb
Reactions: VeloClone

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
I can't imagine anyone having a hard time at K-State. Most of the adult fans are farmers. Sure, if you are around the students, you're more likely to catch a load of crap. But why would you be there in the first place, to get a closer look?

E1nYvNSXIAcrW65
Love me some Classy Cats.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I recorded that game and watched it later because we were at a family function. I avoided social media for spoilers and started watching it at about 9pm.

My wife hear from upstairs when it got to the final drive. She had seen Facebook already. She came down and gave me a hug.

That's the most utterly ticked off I've ever been about a football game.

The play in discussion.

lazard.jpg
Picking up that flag was one of the most egregious officiating decisions I've ever seen.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
Picking up that flag was one of the most egregious officiating decisions I've ever seen.
True. However, CMC handled it perfectly and created a culture for players and fans that now know you have to overcome those obstacles.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Mid-October is a weird schedule change instead of the usual Thanksgiving time frame for this game. Will be nice to enjoy some nice weather for this game for once.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Ive never attended an ISU game outside of Ames and NOT seen a Hawkeye fan.

85% of current and former Big 12 stadiums, Liberty Bowl, Alamo Bowl, both KC Farmageddons. Hawk fans, in gear, at all of them
Iowa fans for some reason love to attend away ISU games, wearing EIU stuff and talking smack most of the time.
The worst I experienced was at Hilton, playing Kansas, younger guy right in front of me, rocking a KU basketball shirt, talked crap the whole game, when it was over, I wished him a safe trip back to Kansas. He replied he was an EIU student, and only attended the game to root against ISU and root for KU. I asked "so you are not a KU student or fan?" "Nope, EIU all the way. "

What a dirt bag fan group they have over east.

• Agree
Reactions: cyguy9320