anyone else heard a REALLY BAD rumor

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
With our recent track record with coaches, nobody should be surprised anymore. Not sure why he'd leave for PSU. Unless they really increase his salary and in that case, I wouldn't blame him.

Nov 9, 2008
I dont see it...PSU would be hiring a guy in name only...no offense to Cael but he has yet to accomplish anything major as a coach...he will someday I'm sure but hes hasnt yet....ISU is a pretty good gig to have and if he went to Penn State he would be under more pressure to win since hes not from that family so to speak

bootcy

Apr 12, 2006
Waukee
Why would he leave his alma mater which is already a national contender on an annual basis and where he is the highest paid coach in the country for a rebuilding project?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
again, i'm just asking. it will probably get blown way out of proportion, and maybe there is no merit to it at all. just wanted to see if anyone else had heard anything.

probably not the best way to go about it.

ISUonthemove

Jan 31, 2007
Altoona
That would absolutely shock me. I can't think of any good reason why he would do that, unless they're talking about a substantial pay increase.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
If he DID leave that might put the icing on the cake for an all-time low for people NOT wanting to coach at Iowa State...

Thank god for Bill Fennelly?

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I always love it when Fennelly gives Cael a hard time at the annual coaches dinner at 7 flags

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I dont see it...PSU would be hiring a guy in name only...no offense to Cael but he has yet to accomplish anything major as a coach...he will someday I'm sure but hes hasnt yet....ISU is a pretty good gig to have and if he went to Penn State he would be under more pressure to win since hes not from that family so to speak

How many conference championships has Cael won? How many years has he been our coach?

I don't know about YOU, but to ME, conference championships are major.

-keep.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
Why would he leave his alma mater which is already a national contender on an annual basis and where he is the highest paid coach in the country for a rebuilding project?
+1.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

dee dee deeeee..

i guess back to back to back big 12 conference championships isnt an accomplishment, or being ranked top 3 in the nation constantly.