Anyone else disinterested in baseball this year?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Or maybe its just because I am a Cubs fan. Its just like I don't even want to or care to watch any game. Even if its the only thing on ESPN, i'll switch it to something else. It just has seemed like it has got boring to watch and baseball use to be my favorite sport. This year i'm even glued to watching the NBA Finals, and i NEVER ever have liked the NBA or the Finals. I'm not even sure if i'd watch if the Cubs were even winning. Anybody else just get disinterested in it? It is quite a boring sport.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was jacked when my Rockies jumped out to an 11-2 record then the roofed caved in and they fell back to mediocrity and my interest left. Luckily in a month Big Brother starts and that will get me through these crappy months till college FB returns.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
not gonna lie, it is pretty hard to be interested in a pro sport when your team is struggling. luckily for me, thats not the case in baseball this year.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I love baseball. Even though the Dodgers are not good, I am still ready for every game as if they are in 1st. Games like today of course always help!

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I'd say if the Cubs were good you would be into it. But they aren't. I am still very into baseball every year even tho the Cards were no good last year and are doing well this year (so far).

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
How can the Cubs be so bad so many years in a row? Are they trying to catch Philadelphia for most losses?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
I'm loving it, watching more baseball this year then ever. I agree it helps when your team is playing well. Easy to get disinterested when your team isn't playing good ball. Only sport I don't feel that way for is football. Cowboys can disappoint me or have a stellar year, no matter, I'll still be in front of the TV every sunday...maybe i'm more into baseball this year out of fear of possible no NFL. Idk.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I can barely stand to watch that AA lineup they send out everyday.

Honestly I was really sick of them at that point in late April, early May where the entire team was terrible, couldn't hit, bad SP terrible RP. Since mid May the offense has shown signs of getting on track despite having to cobble together a pretty rag tag lineup and the SP has been pretty decent.

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
this year and last year I still watched the cubs but I felt like I already knew what would happen, get RISP and leave them stranded. at least last year there was a little bit of hope the first half

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
I can barely stand to watch that AA lineup they send out everyday.
Literally. There have been times where the Twins have had 5-6 guys that were in a starting lineup on a given night for the big league team that were playing the minors just the week before.