Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasedClone

Jun 14, 2011
And to the OP... I am willing to bet that if you went to BWW in Iowa City and you saw a waitress wearing ISU gear, you would probably applaud her and tell her it is the correct thing to do.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This conversation is funny because saturday I ate in a restaurant where the staff was all wearing Nebraska shirts and my tip was Zero and I mean I did NOT leave any tip.....

BasedClone

Jun 14, 2011
ketelmeister, you should just stick to Hickory Park because everyone has to wear ISU shirts or at the very least, red on gamedays. So the hawkeye employees there still have to sport red. This sounds like the place for you!

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
ketelmeister, you should just stick to Hickory Park because everyone has to wear ISU shirts or at the very least, red on gamedays. So the hawkeye employees there still have to sport red. This sounds like the place for you!
Not good enough, red could be any number of schools, how do I know they're not sporting Maryland red? Or Stanford red? I can't take that kind of chance.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006

Good idea...I didn't say they had to be mandatory, just required.:twitcy:

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
First off, this seems like a double standard to me. Iowa fans can act boarish, get drunk and be rude to anyone, go up to total strangers and scream in their faces and throw beers on them and it is "just a bad segment of fans" and "we don't claim them". But ISU fan gets mad and sends an email to BWW management and our entire fanbase is thin-skinned and petty...basically whiny little b$tches. Funny how that works. Hawk fan can act like an idiot and nothing comes of it while Cyclone fan gets chastized over something that hurt no one.

As for your tipping comment, I agree. I'm usually between 10 and 20%. If the service is bad (or the girl is wearing a hawk shirt), I'm probably going to be close to 10. If the service is good and the girl is hot, probably closer to 20. The only thing that seeing the iowa gear on the waitress would do for me is move BWW a little further down the ranking when I decide to go out to eat in town again. Not saying I would never go there again, just maybe it moves WCW up above BWW a few notches.

Bottom line for me has always been that people can spend their own money where they see fit based on the price, product and whatever other factors are important to them. If a person wants to reward a business for supporting ISU or punish others for not supporting ISU, that is THEIR business.

I'm not saying the whole fanbase is is petty/childish/whatever. But that bad segment of fans (in ANY fanbase) usually gives the fanbase as a whole a bad name. That holds true for Iowa, Iowa State, Florida, USC, etc.

So I'm not saying the whole fanbase is like this. Just that the fans like this give everyone a bad name.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Yeah when I choose to go to a place like BWW it's because of the dining experience...and it is RUINED if I see someone making a fashion choice I disagree with.

While out for lunch this afternoon I nearly threw up when I saw that my waitress was wearing white after Labor Day. I could barely choke down my food I was so angry by the situation.

Reactions: digZ

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
While out for lunch this afternoon I nearly threw up when I saw that my waitress was wearing white after Labor Day. I could barely choke down my food I was so angry by the situation.
I hope you slashed her tires.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado

Out of all the stupidity found in this thread, this definitely deserves a +Rep.:biglaugh:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
What this comes down to is who truly hates Iowa and who is not so anti. I personally think F#%$ Iowa, so whoever wears Iowa gear F#%$ you. I woulda slapped all 3 of them b's and walked out the door showing them the full moon.

Cy4Patriots

Jan 10, 2011
I have no problem with them allowing their waitresses to wear Hawk gear, but I sure as Hell won't be returning to that BWW location. I also have a right to avoid obnoxious Hawk Fans and it's apparent that their staff is full of them. Wallaby's has better wings anyway and you sure as hell (at least I would hope) won't see a waitress wearing Black and Gold in there.

So you want a rule saying that you must be a Cyclone to live in Ames? I'm surprise you even venture out into the world, they're so many scary hawk fans lurking in every corner.

That is pathetic...

Some people and there inferiority complex. Some of you make A&M fans not seem as pathetically inferior.

It's amazing that people who are apparently such huge ISU fans can't see how bad it makes the whole fan base look when you act so immature and ridiculous about what t-shirt someone wears to work.

I think this is the first time I agree with you two 100%. Well done.

Reactions: 3TrueFans

BasedClone

Jun 14, 2011
What this comes down to is who truly hates Iowa and who is not so anti. I personally think F#%$ Iowa, so whoever wears Iowa gear F#%$ you. I woulda slapped all 3 of them b's and walked out the door showing them the full moon.

Which is why I suspect you aren't very educated.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010

And people talk about how dumb IOWA fans are?! :eek:

Seriously, if you're telling the truth, you've got some serious issues.

jmcnally

Sep 10, 2011
Thought you'd like to know: I went to Buffalo Wild Wings today to watch the Iowa vs Iowa State game. All of the employees were wearing their normal black shirt with yellow trimmings. The only accessories [necklaces and tattoos mostly] were Iowa State ones! =]

The game was amazing and it definitely made the experience better knowing the employees were Cyclone fans. It is our home, after all!

Great game today! GO STATE!

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Apparently the Ames location set a record for the most customer complaints. People calling about all the Hawk gear. Pretty much everyone that works there is a Hawk fan. So now corporate said they can't wear anything but neutral BWW cloths or ISU stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.