Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It's amazing that people who are apparently such huge ISU fans can't see how bad it makes the whole fan base look when you act so immature and ridiculous about what t-shirt someone wears to work.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
It pains me to agree with TM3308 here. Agreeing with a Hawk fan during rivalry week.

God damn it people.

I need to try a little reverse psychology here. I think ISU is going to win Saturday, therefore I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and root for them.

I now have you at the very most reluctantly cheering for ISU. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

GMackey32

TJ's spy team member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2009
Ames Via Cedar Falls
Who the **** cares? If you are so bothered by it, then stop going there. If you really have that much free time that you can dwell on something as stupid as this, how about you put it to good use instead of complaining about something you have no control over. Believe it or not, but employees of establishment's can be fans too and if they are allowed to wear a shirt of their favorite team, then let them wear Iowa gear. I know I'd be ****** if my job told me I could only wear Iowa gear...

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
I need to try a little reverse psychology here. I think ISU is going to win Saturday, therefore I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and root for them.

I now have you at the very most reluctantly cheering for ISU. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I think our O line performance against UNI did much more than you ever could to dampen my hopes.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
What this thread needs is a good ol fashioned "knock knock" joke.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Dwayne the bathtub, I'm dwowning!

cinemagraph-shining3.gif

ManBearClone

Apr 29, 2010
What I don't get is why some Ames businesses don't seem to think that having strong Iowa State athletics is in their best interest or in the least just take it for granted. Ames is Iowa State but you would hardly know it driving around town. Are they going to be happy when we drop to MWC or CUSA and football attendance goes from 45000 to 30000. Not saying they can make a difference but why should we expect the national media to care when some local businesses don't seem to.

I would much prefer going to WestCyed Wings over BWW's but last few times I was there service was gawd awful.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
It's amazing that people who are apparently such huge ISU fans can't see how bad it makes the whole fan base look when you act so immature and ridiculous about what t-shirt someone wears to work.

If you are in Ames on a gameday why in the hell would you be eating at BWW anyway? Personally I like to grill my own food and drink my own beer.

I have nothing against BWW for allowing their employees to wear whatever they want on Gamedays. If some server is dumb enough to wear hok gear in Ames then they deserve to work all day for $4 an hour and walk out at the end of their shift with next to nothing in tips while watching the servers dressed in ISU gear walk out of there with wads of cash. The consumer is running the show. If you get a server wearing hok gear you make sure that you run them into the ground getting you drinks, food, etc... and when it is time to give them a tip you tell them wearing hok gear in Ames is probably not a good decision and leave nothing on the table for them.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
If you are in Ames on a gameday why in the hell would you be eating at BWW anyway? Personally I like to grill my own food and drink my own beer.

I have nothing against BWW for allowing their employees to wear whatever they want on Gamedays. If some server is dumb enough to wear hok gear in Ames then they deserve to work all day for $4 an hour and walk out at the end of their shift with next to nothing in tips while watching the servers dressed in ISU gear walk out of there with wads of cash. The consumer is running the show. If you get a server wearing hok gear you make sure that you run them into the ground getting you drinks, food, etc... and when it is time to give them a tip you tell them wearing hok gear in Ames is probably not a good decision and leave nothing on the table for them.

And this isn't petty because?........

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
I tip on service, not fashion. If the waitress/bartender is wearing hawk stuff so be it, as long as they aren't talking trash and such then fine. I'm not going to stiff them on a tip for that. Now, if they are being mouthy and talking trash, that's another story.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
And this isn't petty because?........

Everyone knows you tip based on how the waiter/waitress is dressed, not based on service!!!!!

Actually, I guess this is somewhat true. Hot chicks with low cut shirts do get tipped more.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Well, unless you tip in cash, the tip the wait staff is getting is split evenly. By trying to screw your waitress on your card, you're screwing the Iowa State waitress too because of tipshare.

Status
Not open for further replies.