Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasedClone

Jun 14, 2011
While it sucks that they were wearing Hawk shirts, why do you let something like that ruin your experience/meal...? not that big of a deal

C

CyBer

Both managers at Red Lobster in Ames are Hawk fans, makes sense that neither one went to Iowa, and both work in the food industry. Just laugh it off, they are working for you.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
A lot of places do things like that on game days where they let employees where the clothes of their favorite school. I believe coach f tweeted on saturday that he went to hy vee or somewhere in Ames that was doing the same thing and he purposely went to the line with employees wearing all ISU stuff.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
I would probably be a little upset too, doesn't really surprise me that much as the have just as much hawkeye memorabilia in there as they do Iowa State. Kind of embarassing if you ask me.

andybernard

Oct 22, 2009
why does anyone go to bww in the first place?

Agreed. A chain of suckiness. Also, I work at a bar in Cedar Falls and wore my Iowa State hat to work on Saturday night, and I would have been ****** if my manager told me I couldn't.

C

CyBer

Again, it's funny that Hawks are working to serve us. This is what a u of i degree gets you.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Need some help emailing Buffalo Wild Wings Corporate. Here's why.
On Saturday morning (game day) four of us went into the new Ames BWW for a drink. We were greeted by three workers with Iowa shirts on and large glitter Hawk heads pinned on. There were others as well. Our waitress was dressed in I State geer, and she was disguisted as well. I talked to the manager in a very polite way by explaining that any business is about customer experience. And it made little sense in Ames on a game day to have Hawk shirts on employees, as it wouldn't make much sense in Iowa City to have I State shirts on. He had a "I don't give a rip" attitude, and said his employees can wear what ever they want. We finished our drink and left, never to return.
I ask for emails to be sent to corporate BWW. This needs to be changed. A few emails can make a difference.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Contact Us

Thanks for the heads up - I know many people think it is no big deal but in cases like this I speak with my wallet and I will avoid BWW in Ames and will tell everyone I know not to go there as well - there are better wings elsewhere anyway.

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
I would rather send corporate an email with how ******* terrible their service is. That BWW just blows, takes like 15 minutes for the waitresses there to get your drinks, food takes forever, and then they never check up to see if you need refills/another beer/etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron