Ames Buffalo Wild Wings, workers in Hawk shirts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
While it sucks that they were wearing Hawk shirts, why do you let something like that ruin your experience/meal...? not that big of a deal

false i would of been ****** as well. its the principle, it should be all cyclone, all the time in ames. I would not eat there or be served by one of those in ames... anywhere else, yes. However, no one should be fired, i would just say lame and move on to chipotle

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
I just wish Iowa fans were actual human beings so I could feel like I didn't care, but everytime I wear my Cyclone goggles, I see the slime oozing from their pores.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
false i would of been ****** as well. its the principle, it should be all cyclone, all the time in ames. I would not eat there or be served by one of those in ames... anywhere else, yes.

Cyclone fans that feel this way = an embarrassment to the fan base and gigantic ****** bags.

"You're wearing Iowa crap in Ames! You totally ruined my day! Let me go cry to my mom! Nevermind the fact that I'm a grown *** man acting like an immature 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum!"

Reactions: tm3308

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I have no problem with them allowing their waitresses to wear Hawk gear, but I sure as Hell won't be returning to that BWW location. I also have a right to avoid obnoxious Hawk Fans and it's apparent that their staff is full of them. Wallaby's has better wings anyway and you sure as hell (at least I would hope) won't see a waitress wearing Black and Gold in there.

Reactions: ljhlax

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Cyclone fans that feel this way = an embarrassment to the fan base and gigantic ****** bags.

"You're wearing Iowa crap in Ames! You totally ruined my day! Let me go cry to my mom! Nevermind the fact that I'm a grown *** man acting like an immature 8 year old throwing a temper tantrum!"

Cyclone fans calling out other Cyclone fans for preferring to patronize Cyclone friendly business are the only real embarrassment to the fanbase. I don't care if a Cyclone fan wants to patronize BWW, I'm not looking down on that choice. However, I, personally, would rather be in a bar decked out in Cyclone gear where, I'm being served by Cyclone fans, rather than the alternative.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Need some help emailing Buffalo Wild Wings Corporate. Here's why.
On Saturday morning (game day) four of us went into the new Ames BWW for a drink. We were greeted by three workers with Iowa shirts on and large glitter Hawk heads pinned on. There were others as well. Our waitress was dressed in I State geer, and she was disguisted as well. I talked to the manager in a very polite way by explaining that any business is about customer experience. And it made little sense in Ames on a game day to have Hawk shirts on employees, as it wouldn't make much sense in Iowa City to have I State shirts on. He had a "I don't give a rip" attitude, and said his employees can wear what ever they want. We finished our drink and left, never to return.
I ask for emails to be sent to corporate BWW. This needs to be changed. A few emails can make a difference.

Buffalo Wild Wings - Contact Us

This is America bro they can wear whatever they want.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I have no problem with them allowing their waitresses to wear Hawk gear, but I sure as Hell won't be returning to that BWW location. I also have a right to avoid obnoxious Hawk Fans and it's apparent that their staff is full of them. Wallaby's has better wings anyway and you sure as hell (at least I would hope) won't see a waitress wearing Black and Gold in there.

They're being obnoxious by supporting THEIR team on a day when the staff is allowed to do so? Damn those Minnesota fans I see on campus, they're just being obnoxious ******bags trying to push their team on me!

It's a chain restaurant, I really don't know what you people are expecting. If this were at a hole-in-the-wall place like Wallaby's I think you'd have a point. But a national chain? They're sports fans, and choosing where you want to eat based on whether or not a few of the waiters support the Hawks, instead of choosing based on the food and ACTUAL service, is beyond petty/pathetic/stupid/all of the above.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI

Would you ******* stop? Can you please try and have a little fun with sarcasm for once. I'm not sure what is worse, fans who take things like what a waitress in an Ames restaurant so seriously, it ruins their experience or fans who take life so seriously, they can't understand a little humoruos sarcasm and razzing before a rivalry game.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI

+1

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
Would you ******* stop? Can you please try and have a little fun with sarcasm for once. I'm not sure what is worse, fans who take things like what a waitress in an Ames restaurant so seriously, it ruins their experience or fans who take life so seriously, they can't understand a little humoruos sarcasm and razzing before a rivalry game.

In case you didn't know, when being sarcastic on this site, jimlads are your best friend.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Cyclone fans calling out other Cyclone fans for preferring to patronize Cyclone friendly business are the only real embarrassment to the fanbase. I don't care if a Cyclone fan wants to patronize BWW, I'm not looking down on that choice. However, I, personally, would rather be in a bar decked out in Cyclone gear where, I'm being served by Cyclone fans, rather than the alternative.
It's the principle of letting someone wearing Iowa crap ruin your day. I don't live my day to day life going, "Hmmm...hope my money is going to a pro-Iowa State business." I don't look at gas stations and go, "Hmm...I can't go to HyVee Gas or Kum & Go...big Iowa supporters."

"Don't go there! There are Iowa fans there!"

The fact of the matter is that there are very few places in Ames that do embrace Iowa State (Wallaby's comes to mind as I don't think there's any Iowa stuff in there as does West Cyde Wings...who has terrible wings). Buffalo Wild Wings has more Iowa State stuff on the walls than 90% of the places in Ames do. Do they have an Iowa jersey on the wall? Yep. Do I let it ruin my day? No. Same story is true at Old Chicago. I'm not going to go into an establishment and then run to a message board and get my boxers bunched over it.

I'm obviously not alone as many people have commented in this thread about the pathetic nature.

ljhlax

Dec 14, 2010
Kalamazoo, MI
This is America bro they can wear whatever they want.

Actually, no, they can't. There are obsenity laws, and frankly I'm disgusted that Ames has not put together an obsenity law banning employees of Ames businesses from wearing Iowa Gear, Herky or anything related to the University of Iowa.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I am not shocked by this thread at all. Some of our fan base is downright pathetic and sad.

Take you helmet and go sit in the corner.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
It's the principle of letting someone wearing Iowa crap ruin your day. I don't live my day to day life going, "Hmmm...hope my money is going to a pro-Iowa State business." I don't look at gas stations and go, "Hmm...I can't go to HyVee Gas or Kum & Go...big Iowa supporters."

"Don't go there! There are Iowa fans there!"

The fact of the matter is that there are very few places in Ames that do embrace Iowa State (Wallaby's comes to mind as I don't think there's any Iowa stuff in there as does West Cyde Wings...who has terrible wings). Buffalo Wild Wings has more Iowa State stuff on the walls than 90% of the places in Ames do. Do they have an Iowa jersey on the wall? Yep. Do I let it ruin my day? No. Same story is true at Old Chicago. I'm not going to go into an establishment and then run to a message board and get my boxers bunched over it.

I'm obviously not alone as many people have commented in this thread about the pathetic nature.

Who said it's ruining anyone's day? That's a conclusion you've jumped to with little to no evidence.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I wouldn't say that this would turn me away from BWW (in Ames) forever, but it's not exactly a reason TO go there. If I'm deciding between a couple of places, maybe that points me in a different direction. If I want BWW badly enough I'll go there, but if everything else is equal, I'll always go to the place that supports ISU over the place that is either indifferent or supports UI. That means Hickory Park, Wallaby's, West Town Pub, Olde Main Brewery, Dublin Bay, GeAngelos, etc.

Reactions: ljhlax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron