"Aggies to Secede" - Blogpost

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Well you gotta start somewhere. Bosie State could be up to speed with other lower tier BCS teams very quickly. Same could be said on a lesser extent for SDS.
If Iowa State is ever in a conference with South Dakota State, it will be a very sad day for Iowa State. Boise State? Nah.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Well you gotta start somewhere. Bosie State could be up to speed with other lower tier BCS teams very quickly. Same could be said on a lesser extent for SDS.

Boise State's academics make Nebraska look like Harvard.

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
I kind of like the idea of a 9 team league. This would allow the lower level teams like ISU to schedule a non conference win and the upper level teams to schedule say a notre dame, byu, etc.. This would give the conference members more scheduling flexibility and maybe more bowl eligible teams for the conference? It might also allow the members' individual networks more big tv game options.

Could Big 12 survive more shrinkage? Yes. - KansasCity.com

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Texas needing to have their own network drove the conference to this. If A&M did not get ticked someone else would have. Schools having their own network does not promote unity. Many of you laughed at me for saying that last year when this all went down.

All this being said, if KU goes to the Pac 12, would it be safe to say that ISU, KSU and Mizzou would be in the Big East? I would like this better for football.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Texas needing to have their own network drove the conference to this. If A&M did not get ticked someone else would have. Schools having their own network does not promote unity. Many of you laughed at me for saying that last year when this all went down.

All this being said, if KU goes to the Pac 12, would it be safe to say that ISU, KSU and Mizzou would be in the Big East? I would like this better for football.

The Big East will be gone if this all happens. They will be the next conference raided.

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
Brinkmanship, in politics, in sports, in everything these days. A&M may well be gone, OU and everyone else will want to stay BUT will use this to leverage Texas and its plans on its network...I agree if it makes sense for 10, it makes sense for 9 - Hopefully Fox/ESPN and ABC do as well and if they do, I bet the other 9 will stick with it.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
So will the ACC, leftovers join to make a conference?

The SEC goes after the ACC, the Big Ten and ACC go after the Big East. There will be teams left over but we'd be on the outside looking in at that point.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
At worst ISU ends up in some bastardized Big East. At best, ISU joins the Big 10. Best chance of happening? Nothing. I still don't really believe all of this.

Right. I think it still ends up OK, whatever OK is.

It will be crazy because nobody knows for sure. The doom-and-gloomers will run wild. The Hawks and Huskers should be spewing trailer-inspired brilliance all over.

While that happens, we should be replete with random rumors and knowledgeable rumors. It will be a freakshow, amazing to behold.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
At the end of the day, so long as the BCS doesn't disintegrate into playoffs, we'll be in an AQ conference.

We just might be making a lot less money depending on what that conference is.