2022-23 Out of Conference Schedule

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
My takeaways:

St Johns is a lame matchup for us. Seems like they haven't been good since the early 2000s. I forget they even exist a lot of the time because they have stopped being good. They are like DePaul of the east coast.

Happy we avoided Xavier in the Big 12/BE challenge. Nunge would want to wreak havoc on us and relish a chance to get one more shot in before he retires from his 7 (8?) year CBB career.

Would love to get Texas A&M in the Big 12/SEC challenge, and in Hilton. We had to play there a few years back and their fans annoyed me, so I'd love to exact some revenge against an old conference foe.

I'd like to see Colorado as an opponent for a home and away, play them first this year in Hilton, then cancel the return game because A) They are traitors and B) I don't recall an ISU team ever playing well there.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Great highlight but the real star of that clip is the greatest floor in the history of the sport...
false-wrong.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Wish we would have had a new opponent, but at least its against our old Big 8 foe

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
if they are just going to shove KU and UK together every year, why don't they just schedule an individual series between the two, and let the rest of the teams situate their own matchups. Boring to play Misery again.

Jkclone15

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 19, 2017
Two thoughts

1) ESPN thinks we suck and is matching us with another low tier SEC program
2) We don't generate enough TV interest to put us up against a bigger name
I don't think it's that malicious. ESPN is trying to create matchups that generate interest. For Missouri the programs they care about in the B12 are probably 1. KU, 2. ISU, 3. Whoever is doing well at the moment. KU is locked into playing UK, so we're the default second choice. For us Mizzou is probably the number 1 choice, although it is getting stale now that we've played them so much lately.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I don't think it's that malicious. ESPN is trying to create matchups that generate interest. For Missouri the programs they care about in the B12 are probably 1. KU, 2. ISU, 3. Whoever is doing well at the moment. KU is locked into playing UK, so we're the default second choice. For us Mizzou is probably the number 1 choice, although it is getting stale now that we've played them so much lately.

Neither of those were malicious.
We don't generate a lot of TV interest. We have to be expected to be really good and really exciting to get those spots.

Reactions: Cyclad

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Two thoughts

1) ESPN thinks we suck and is matching us with another low tier SEC program
2) We don't generate enough TV interest to put us up against a bigger name
On number 2 K State drew Florida, which would be way more fun for us to have had this go around since we just played Missouri. K State is supposed to be horrendous this year and Missouri is right next door to them and old conference rivals, so why not just flip flop our opponents?

Just annoying we have so many SEC teams to choose from no team (minus UK/KU) should do consecutive games IMO.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It’s a bummer to get Missouri again, but as I view the matchups, there might have been some limits for options, at least if it was locked in as far as home/road.

We weren’t going to get UK and probably not Arkansas or Tennessee … Have yet to play Florida, but UF on the road. Played at Miss St two seasons ago. Haven’t faced LSU in the challenge, but of course played in the tournament. (I wouldn’t have been against a rematch, I guess, and preferable to Missouri).

If ISU could have gotten a home game again it might have been more flexible.

(Edited: Auburn we did play recently, forgot about 19-20 ... also removed Alabama reference, I was confusing it with Arkansas early in the series)

Last edited: