2022-23 Out of Conference Schedule

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
VERY concerned.

No Eli King, no Grill, no Bob Jones, no Hawley, no Kunc. Jaz had a ripe opportunity to show off The Sprain.

Not even a Hinson sighting in this vid.

nallen34

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 9, 2010
Ankeny, IA
We should schedule a game after Christmas but before conference. Yes I know we lost to Florida A&M the last time we did that. But Prohm isn't our coach anymore. All the good teams seem to schedule a cupcake after Christmas and before conference from what I've seen.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
That's probably true. I'm sure the non-con will look better when PK lineup is announced, so it looks super-weak for the time being. Even so, something even an AAC/A-10/MWC territory for a slot would add a little bit more bulk.
Problem is top half teams from those leagues aren't taking buy games for the most part. Even most top half Valley teams only take a buy every other year or so.

If Iowa State isn't taking road games, this is the schedule you're going to get.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
VERY concerned.

No Eli King, no Grill, no Bob Jones, no Hawley, no Kunc. Jaz had a ripe opportunity to show off The Sprain.

Not even a Hinson sighting in this vid.

who's who in that video? Their numbers don't seem to match the cyclones.com roster. Is Lipsey #2? LOL...

ricochet

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2008
Problem is top half teams from those leagues aren't taking buy games for the most part. Even most top half Valley teams only take a buy every other year or so.

If Iowa State isn't taking road games, this is the schedule you're going to get.
I wonder if this changes with the coming explosion of TV money? What would somebody like UNI get for a buy game currently - a couple hundred thousand? The Big Ten and SEC teams will be spending their TV money somewhere and they might decide dumping a million dollars a pop for some more attractive home games is worth it. Would UNI take a couple buy games each year for that kind of money?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I wonder if this changes with the coming explosion of TV money? What would somebody like UNI get for a buy game currently - a couple hundred thousand? The Big Ten and SEC teams will be spending their TV money somewhere and they might decide dumping a million dollars a pop for some more attractive home games is worth it. Would UNI take a couple buy games each year for that kind of money?
Going rate on a buy game for an upper level team at the A10/MWC/Valley/New AAC level is $90-100K (UNI is getting $95k to play at Virginia this year after getting $92k from Colorado in 2019). If the payouts go up with the new TV money, I can't imagine that most programs don't seriously look at it because the games that we buy in turn will get more expensive as well.

I still don't imagine a scenario where UNI/Drake play Iowa State/Iowa anytime soon. Too munch pride on all sides and it's a real shame because with Drake making the strides they have and UNI being as consistently good as they've been we're all missing out on some really good games. That's the way of the world, however, and there's not much anybody can do about it.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Why? Give me every Big 8 game possible, especially in January.

The schedule is plenty tough enough already.
Mostly the variety aspect ... 2 straight meetings in B12/SEC and also had a home/away prior to that. I used the word "irritated," it's minor (not "hate" level).

I can understand Old Big 8 appeal, but we don't play CU/NU often/ever.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
who's who in that video? Their numbers don't seem to match the cyclones.com roster. Is Lipsey #2? LOL...
I believe Lipsey is #2, and holy crap is he small. He looks like a student manager.

No clue on anyone else.

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
That's probably true. I'm sure the non-con will look better when PK lineup is announced, so it looks super-weak for the time being. Even so, something even an AAC/A-10/MWC territory for a slot would add a little bit more bulk.

Wish we would do what football has been doing and schedule with fans in mind. How about some home and home series with Fordham or UNLV or Tulane with the road game on a weekend near a holiday.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I wish individuals would not talk negative about our new players on here.
It is just an observation, relax. He is freshly on campus, I am sure a year in a Div. 1 s&c room will get him looking on par. He does look like a strong kid already.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Updated schedule, with PK85 (link to separate CF thread below the schedule & by-conference summary):

Nov. 7 IUPUI
Nov. 13 North Carolina A&T
Nov. 20 Milwaukee
Nov. 24 vs. Villanova (PK85 - Invitational bracket)
Nov. 25 vs. North Carolina/Portland (PKI)
Nov. 27 vs. UConn/Oregon//Michigan State/Alabama (PKI)
Nov. 30 North Dakota
Dec. 4 St. John’s (Big East-Big 12 Battle)
Dec. 8 at Iowa
Dec. 11 McNeese State
Dec. 18 Western Michigan
Dec. 21 Omaha
Jan. 28 at Missouri (Big 12/SEC Challenge)

By conference (With PKI 2nd & 3rd opponents pending)
Big East (2)
Horizon (2)
Summit (2)
Big Ten (1)
CAA (1)
MAC (1)
MEAC (1)
SEC (1)
Southland (1)

PKI THREAD:

• Informative
Reactions: nallen34