2018 Stock Prediction

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
Anybody into pinks?
BIEL is trading at .0025.
Lots and lots of shares out there, but they have much in the pipeline, and expected FDA total clearance on the horizon. Very small company on the edge of PEMF technology that has patents until, I think, 2029.

GO CYCLONES!

Last edited:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Congrats to you. However, I'm not sure it is remotely possible that the next 10 are similar to the last 10. Wish I had owned some from long ago. I actually helped a guy in college get started investing and he bought apple as his first buy. Man I hope he held for all these years because that would be worth a mighty dollar now. Edit: I went back and looked and at that time he would have been buying at ~$1 per share split adjusted. Niice.

I’m also the guy that sold amazon at 700 when it’s now almost 2k. Also the guy who sold Home Depot at 45 and now it’s 250 or so. Didn’t make much from them when I sold them off. The stock market is a huge *****.

Reactions: canker2323

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
all aboard the AMD train!!! Im in at $9.50 but only 100 shares. My buddy is currently up $29k on it but we are both holding for foreseeable future as we are pretty bullish on it.
We blew right past my $23 EOY prediction. Currently $28.18 Cheers, bud.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Anybody into pinks?
BIEL is trading at .0025.
Lots and lots of shares out there, but they have much in the pipeline, and expected FDA total clearance on the horizon. Very small company on the edge of PEMF technology that has patents until, I think, 2029.

GO CYCLONES!

When I first started out I got burned by pinks several times before I realized they're on pinksheets for a reason. That reason is typically to pump and dump it.

• Agree
Reactions: irish

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Sell AMD in the 30's and forget it for another couple years at least. Book it.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
I’m also the guy that sold amazon at 700 when it’s now almost 2k. Also the guy who sold Home Depot at 45 and now it’s 250 or so. Didn’t make much from them when I sold them off. The stock market is a huge *****.

But pigs get slaughtered. Hit bunches of singles. Damn the home runs?

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Singles suck. Most of your returns will come from a few stocks. Or as another old saying goes. Cut your losers quickly and let the winners ride.

L

LincolnWay187

Any thoughts on the chinese stocks Tencent, Alibaba, or JD? I am in all but JD. I still think theres a ton of growth opportunity in these stocks and they are trading down right now.

mkadl

Mar 17, 2006
Cornfield
Singles suck. Most of your returns will come from a few stocks. Or as another old saying goes. Cut your losers quickly and let the winners ride.

yep--My bulk is in is VYM and BRK.B But I'm old. I bought FB today put a sell in at 190. Did the same thing not too long ago. If you make money in stocks you make money in stocks. Just feel comfortable. Bought Caseys at 90 sold for 109 in a few months. I watch for unreasonable drops in prices (of course in my opinion)

CycloneDaddy

Sep 24, 2006
Johnston
Any thoughts on the chinese stocks Tencent, Alibaba, or JD? I am in all but JD. I still think theres a ton of growth opportunity in these stocks and they are trading down right now.
Any fallout with the JD founder being arrested in Minnesota for sexual assualt but then being released with no charges?

crawfy54

Dec 28, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Sell AMD in the 30's and forget it for another couple years at least. Book it.
I hear ya, but I don't see how this trend of AMD up and INTC down changes anytime soon... you have to look at the products currently available from each company.

INTC has had problems in production of their 10nm chip. While AMD is set to release their 7nm GPU and CPU chips late this year or early next. I know that isn't the end-all for determining a company's worth and PPS, but it definitely matters.

I'll set my market-stops in case of a crash, but I am not getting out until AMD or INTC gives me a reason to. I definitely want to see what happens at the next earnings release.

Balrog

Sep 17, 2008
Des Moines
When I first started out I got burned by pinks several times before I realized they're on pinksheets for a reason. That reason is typically to pump and dump it.

I agree with that sentiment as well, MTown.
However, there are a few companies out there that are worth a look, no matter the exchange.
A company has to start somewhere.
Up 300% for the year, and I predict that this will be a four to 8 bagger before the year is out.
(Despite the outstanding shares, it is worth a serious DD look.)
There are several, billion dollar companies looking at their technology.
Just my opinion, of course.

GO CYCLONES!

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Oh, Arrrrrgeeeeennnntttt ... where are you???

Can I sell you my TSLA shares now?

You managed to top tick the stock, nice. I hope you sold those shares to someone because Elon is looking more and more like he's up a creek without a paddle. But at least he has weed to calm his nerves. Lol

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...accounting-officer-quits-after-just-one-month

Still this is just one of those stocks that isn't for shorting by small fish. You could be completely right and still get your face ripped off.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Robinhood runs through Apex Clearing I believe.

I know a lot of the people who are glued to their phones use this app. I thought this information but be useful to know. As always, nothing is free and you are the product. In this case likely being front run by HFT traders, or at least they are selling your info.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018...ions-selling-users-data-high-frequencstealing

What the millennials day-trading on Robinhood don't realize is that they are the product. Robinhood is well on their way to making hundreds of millions of dollars in cash income by selling their customers' orders to the HFT meat grinder. High-frequency traders are not charities.

The only reason high-frequency traders would pay Robinhood tens to hundreds of millions of dollars is that they can exploit the retail customers for far more than they pay Robinhood," Kane concluded.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
It is not better than Vanguard. Period.

It is a brokerage firm like E*Trade or TD Ameritrade but one gen newer. So instead of low commissions they offered an app with free trades or no commissions. But as we know nothing is free and they appear to be working more closely with HFT firms to use their customers data / orders.

Last edited:

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
I'll add SSC to my predictions. It opened at $3.07 today. Over the past couple months they have announced a handful of deals. Chinese company in the blockchain space. Probably a better play for next year but with the revenue that the deals they have announced should provide, I could see it start uptrending pretty rapidly with their next quarterly earnings at the beginning of November.

Last edited: