Status
Not open for further replies.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Wait, what angle is your laundry shoot? My parents and grandma each have one, but it’s a 90 degree drop
There is a cupboard under the upstairs bathroom sink, directly over the downstairs bath (which has a false ceiling in it). Previous owners cut a hole in the floor of the cupboard, and built an 45-degree chute across the top of the downstairs bath to a shelf that's about five feet off the ground in the laundry room. From there it's an easy jump to the top of the furnace or the top of the washing machine. Problem is, it's a one-way trip.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yup. Guess I forgot to mention the brand. :oops:
giphy.gif

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Does T-Fal make a heavier pot with lid that can go in the oven. DD has been looking for one of those for a long time. Everything we find either doesn't have a lid or we can't tell if the handle on the lid is heat-resistant. Or, it costs more than I spend on groceries in months. KC you mentioned a Dutch oven?
The Dutch oven in my set (the one pictured) is 5 qt, and rated for 350 degrees. I've used a similar one at higher temps with no problems, but you're typically not going to be cooking in those much higher than 375 anyway. The T-Fals with metal handles are rated to 500 degrees. I'm not fond of metal handles, though. :)

I also have a T-Fal 12-qt stockpot with a vented lid that I mostly use on the stovetop, but it's also rated for 350 degrees in the oven.

They are heavy-duty pots & pans, all non-stick. I'm not sure what the surface is, but it's not a teflon-type coating. It's more resistant to scratches, but I have only wooden & plastic cooking utensils just in case.

You can look at them in-store at Walmart here in town, and supposedly Target also carries them. When I looked at the sets like we bought on-line, Target was $10 more.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Does T-Fal make a heavier pot with lid that can go in the oven. DD has been looking for one of those for a long time. Everything we find either doesn't have a lid or we can't tell if the handle on the lid is heat-resistant. Or, it costs more than I spend on groceries in months. KC you mentioned a Dutch oven?

This set is oven safe up to 400 degrees. The lids are safe up to 350 degrees.

https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/P...zed-Titanium-Nonstick-12-Pc-Set-/p/2100093959

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
The Dutch oven in my set (the one pictured) is 5 qt, and rated for 350 degrees. I've used a similar one at higher temps with no problems, but you're typically not going to be cooking in those much higher than 375 anyway. The T-Fals with metal handles are rated to 500 degrees. I'm not fond of metal handles, though. :)

I also have a T-Fal 12-qt stockpot with a vented lid that I mostly use on the stovetop, but it's also rated for 350 degrees in the oven.

They are heavy-duty pots & pans, all non-stick. I'm not sure what the surface is, but it's not a teflon-type coating. It's more resistant to scratches, but I have only wooden & plastic cooking utensils just in case.

You can look at them in-store at Walmart here in town, and supposedly Target also carries them. When I looked at the sets like we bought on-line, Target was $10 more.

This. I caught hell from the vixen for using a metal utensil in one of the pieces, and that's not going to happen again. :oops:

But I agree with KC - T-Fal's coating is far superior to anything else I've ever owned.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I was never really mechanically inclined but I remember when a fuel pump could be replaced in 10 minutes. An alternator in about 30 with minimal swearing.

In 1988 I popped the hood on my new Honda Accord coupe, the only brand new car I've ever owned, and looked at it in all of it's transverse mounted no extra roomness and couldn't even find the oil filter. Shut the hood and the only thing I've done under a hood since is change spark plugs on the old '87 Porsche 924S, swap out a couple batteries and air filters and that's been about it.

Anyone need a thermostat gasket for a '72 Nova? :rolleyes: Saw one recently in my old rusty Sears tool box.

Last edited:
Reactions: wxman1

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I'm looking there and under the FAQ(https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/P...zed-Titanium-Nonstick-12-Pc-Set-/p/2100093959) found the question on whether non-stick is oven proof. Guess I need to look at some in person and ask questions first.
Is non-stick cookware oven proof?
Only frying pans, saucepans or saute pans from the Ingenio range can go in the oven, thanks to their detachable handles (ensure that the detachable handle is removed). Utensils should never be used in a microwave or convection oven.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
I'm looking there and under the FAQ(https://www.t-falusa.com/Cookware/Pots-&-Pans/Ultimate-Hard-Anodized-Titanium-Nonstick-12-Pc-Set-/p/2100093959) found the question on whether non-stick is oven proof. Guess I need to look at some in person and ask questions first.
Is non-stick cookware oven proof?
Only frying pans, saucepans or saute pans from the Ingenio range can go in the oven, thanks to their detachable handles (ensure that the detachable handle is removed). Utensils should never be used in a microwave or convection oven.

I've had really good luck with Calphalon nonstick pans with metal handles (which I prefer). They are oven safe up to 500 and the lids are oven safe up to 450.

www.amazon.com/Calphalon-Classic-10-Piece-Nonstick-Cookware/dp/B01APP1W2O

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
No motivation today. Promised to have project done by end of the week. Jumping all over the place on it to feel like I’m accomplishing something.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
There is a cupboard under the upstairs bathroom sink, directly over the downstairs bath (which has a false ceiling in it). Previous owners cut a hole in the floor of the cupboard, and built an 45-degree chute across the top of the downstairs bath to a shelf that's about five feet off the ground in the laundry room. From there it's an easy jump to the top of the furnace or the top of the washing machine. Problem is, it's a one-way trip.
It's too bad they didn't make it at a height you could reach.

;)

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
We have some sort of "happy hour" today at work. I could swear I declined but the office manager tells me I accepted. The hors d'oeuvres look pretty tasty so I guess I will stick around to try a couple.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I keep getting emails saying to update my payment information because my debit card expires this month, and I have multiple from the same place. I will update it when I get my new card.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
OK, so I know that this dude is going to fail, what with the cheating, zeroes, and all that.
He sends in his final stuff, some stuff I told him he could redo (because it won't matter), and some stuff that we didn't talk about redoing.

Sends a follow-up to ask if I got everything. Told him I did, but his final essay didn't approach the question, and also says "1 of 5," but only one page got to me.

So he sent me the whole pile again, but there are no other pages. I'm glad that there aren't many like this guy.

• Winner
Reactions: VeloClone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron