Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm not a violent man, but people that cut across multiple lanes to turn left from the right turn lane deserve to have their tires slashed.
Some people deserve to have their tires shot out while driving. You would be doing a service to everyone else on the road.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
We also bought "my" Christmas present tonight. We bought some frying pans with a new kind of heat distribution last spring, and we both LOVE them. I've been wanting pots and a dutch oven to match, and Lew decided it was time to update our pot/pan supply. I highly recommend them. Durable, and not outrageously priced.
GUEST_af00581d-afbd-4663-a113-633b36e8db50

Those in the pic are T-Fal, and I think they're the best. The vixen bought some new stuff last year, and she did a great job. Cookware has come a long way.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Plow broke in the morning while I was moving snow there, turbine people have pushed back the outage twice now, and then the chute breaks right before loads go out. I know nothing major, but man, it adds up with all this other stuff Ive got going.

Those turbine people are a pain. When we walked through, they were supposed to make the two driveways seamless but I see they didn’t do that. When it’s cold the repairs are 10x worse to deal with and a 30 min job takes 3 hours.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One Nice thing about kids having beater cars for school, when you get a couple inches of snow you can just take a shop broom to clear of the windshield and such because if you would lightly scratch something, you don’t care.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The cats have been struggling with the new flooring. Button in particular is very stressed, especially now that the stairs have gone in. She spent most of last night in the basement (went down the laundry chute and wouldn't come out when I opened the door & tried to coax her back upstairs). Finally got her up here around 5.30. She spent the next couple of hours crying. When the furniture is all stacked at one end of the room, and it's a big open space with a wood laminate floor, no carpet, no drapes, lemme tellya, that crying REALLY echoes.

So now I'm up at oh-grouchy-thirty...
And I'm NOT a happy camper. :mad:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The cats have been struggling with the new flooring. Button in particular is very stressed, especially now that the stairs have gone in. She spent most of last night in the basement (went down the laundry chute and wouldn't come out when I opened the door & tried to coax her back upstairs). Finally got her up here around 5.30. She spent the next couple of hours crying. When the furniture is all stacked at one end of the room, and it's a big open space with a wood laminate floor, no carpet, no drapes, lemme tellya, that crying REALLY echoes.

sounds like a good outside cat.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
One Nice thing about kids having beater cars for school, when you get a couple inches of snow you can just take a shop broom to clear of the windshield and such because if you would lightly scratch something, you don’t care.
Lew was a master at finding $500 cars and keeping them running. The boys learned a lot of car maintenance from him...because if they wanted cars, they had to help maintain them. One son (non-mechanically inclined) finally told Lew that he was going to get a job and make enough money that he could pay someone else to work on his cars. It was definiately a motivation for him...he's now Assc. Dir. of Res Life at a P5 university, and he pays other people to work on his cars.
Of course, so do we...now. As Lew puts it, the days of shade-tree mechanics like him are pretty much gone. :(

Reactions: BCClone

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin

Wait, what angle is your laundry shoot? My parents and grandma each have one, but it’s a 90 degree drop

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Lew was a master at finding $500 cars and keeping them running. The boys learned a lot of car maintenance from him...because if they wanted cars, they had to help maintain them. One son (non-mechanically inclined) finally told Lew that he was going to get a job and make enough money that he could pay someone else to work on his cars. It was definiately a motivation for him...he's now Assc. Dir. of Res Life at a P5 university, and he pays other people to work on his cars.
Of course, so do we...now. As Lew puts it, the days of shade-tree mechanics like him are pretty much gone. :(
I was never really mechanically inclined but I remember when a fuel pump could be replaced in 10 minutes. An alternator in about 30 with minimal swearing.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
So I made arrangements with the consignment place to come out and tell me what they can sell for next Thursday so it's off the Virginia again for me. Then I can start taking anything else to Goodwill or the Thrift Store. I'll have to wait until Sunday to leave.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and cyrevkah

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Those turbine people are a pain. When we walked through, they were supposed to make the two driveways seamless but I see they didn’t do that. When it’s cold the repairs are 10x worse to deal with and a 30 min job takes 3 hours.

Yeah, will be a good day when turbine guys are gone.

Chute was an easy, but temporary "fix". Just cold and late.

ImJustKCClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
We
I was never really mechanically inclined but I remember when a fuel pump could be replaced in 10 minutes. An alternator in about 30 with minimal swearing.
Transmissions, timing belts, radiators...he could (and did) rebuild engines.
The last transmission he did was in a Chevy conversion van. He was underneath, bench-pressing the damn thing, while I was inside trying to line up the flywheel & get the bolts in. Yikes!!!
When we bought Baby (my '82 Datsun 280ZX) it was a whole new world for him. EVERYTHING was vacuum hoses. Like a den of snakes under the hood...

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Those in the pic are T-Fal, and I think they're the best. The vixen bought some new stuff last year, and she did a great job. Cookware has come a long way.
Does T-Fal make a heavier pot with lid that can go in the oven. DD has been looking for one of those for a long time. Everything we find either doesn't have a lid or we can't tell if the handle on the lid is heat-resistant. Or, it costs more than I spend on groceries in months. KC you mentioned a Dutch oven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron