Hilton Magic Starts Tonight!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Except south dakota state....but, yeah, otherwise no one.

At this point, any win is a big win. I really hope we do beat Nebraska. They have been playing well.

Reactions: ianoconnor

JordanHXC

Apr 1, 2006
Omaha
I work in Omaha and I'm surrounded by tool husker fans...I always want this one a little bit more than the rest. It also gives me a great excuse to break out my favorite husker joke.

What does an Iowa State fan have that a Nebraska fan lacks?
A college degree

Lloyd88

Jun 5, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
I work in Omaha and I'm surrounded by tool husker fans...I always want this one a little bit more than the rest. It also gives me a great excuse to break out my favorite husker joke.

A college degree

Saying "Tool Husker fan" is redundant. Of course.... if you just said Tool, you may be talking about Hawk fans as well.

My bad....I guess "tool Husker fan" is fine.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Saying "Tool Husker fan" is redundant. Of course.... if you just said Tool, you may be talking about Hawk fans as well.

Not all tools are Husker fans, but all Husker fans are tools.

"Husker fan" is sufficient.

:wink:

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL

A college degree

You shouldn't have any problems in basketball season. All the Husker fans are too busy watching Creighton to bother with their own basketball team - assuming they know it even exists.

There are a surprising number of Nebraska alumni/fans in Austin and "tool Husker fan" describes every last one of them perfectly.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
i'm a little worried with the nebraska "5 guard" lineup... i think that it gives us more matchup problems than we have for them... they can atleast be fast and scrappy on defense while they will probably be quicker to the hole and get some layups on offense... i hope that we have a way to counter this and can get the win!! I think we're the more talented team, but they are kinda like Tennessee when it comes to providing some matchup problems... no they are not as good as Tennessee, I said they were like Tennessee in the fact they provide problems for us...

I just hope Craig shows up tonight with a Houston-esque game and maybe we can play a little zone against a, at best, average shooting team... they shoot it at a decent percentage when they shoot it, but rank 9th in 3-pointers made in the conference.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
this could be the lowest scoring game ever! haha we both rank in the bottom 2 in scoring offense and both the top 2 in scoring defense in the conference... we average .1 more PPG than they do while they give up 5.4 PPG less than we do... atleast the games aren't played by average!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Heard that one of the Nebraska guards had a collision on court at end of Mizzou game and may be questionable for tonight.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
i'm a little worried with the nebraska "5 guard" lineup... i think that it gives us more matchup problems than we have for them... they can atleast be fast and scrappy on defense while they will probably be quicker to the hole and get some layups on offense... i hope that we have a way to counter this and can get the win!! I think we're the more talented team, but they are kinda like Tennessee when it comes to providing some matchup problems... no they are not as good as Tennessee, I said they were like Tennessee in the fact they provide problems for us...

I just hope Craig shows up tonight with a Houston-esque game and maybe we can play a little zone against a, at best, average shooting team... they shoot it at a decent percentage when they shoot it, but rank 9th in 3-pointers made in the conference.

Depends on our rotation/help defense...wasn't there in the early games. Boards need to be ours...

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA

Husker fans are a subset of Tools. We could create a Venn diagram to illustrate this concept.

im4iast8

Mar 25, 2008
Ames
Depends on our rotation/help defense...wasn't there in the early games. Boards need to be ours...

i really wanna know about their 3 point shooting... they are shooting 38% which is the 4th best in the big 12, but they dont shoot them very often only converting on 96 attempts which is 4th to last... if they spread us out and penetrate against our big guys, its gonna be tough to have help defense cuz they will kick to the corner and hit that 3... ofcourse id probably rather make them shoot that then a layup, but the hilton be a shooter friendly arena, 3s will pry look like layups to them...

lets just get a crowd there, make some noise, and lets get our first big 12 win! just get it done!!

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
i really wanna know about their 3 point shooting... they are shooting 38% which is the 4th best in the big 12, but they dont shoot them very often only converting on 96 attempts which is 4th to last... if they spread us out and penetrate against our big guys, its gonna be tough to have help defense cuz they will kick to the corner and hit that 3... ofcourse id probably rather make them shoot that then a layup, but the hilton be a shooter friendly arena, 3s will pry look like layups to them...

lets just get a crowd there, make some noise, and lets get our first big 12 win! just get it done!!

I know what you're saying...my train of thought has always been: Protect the Basket.

What I mean by that is take away layups, no second shots(rebound), and keep them off the free throw line...If we do that(easier said then done) they can hit 20 threes and still only put up 60 points.

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
You shouldn't have any problems in basketball season. All the Husker fans are too busy watching Creighton to bother with their own basketball team - assuming they know it even exists.

There are a surprising number of Nebraska alumni/fans in Austin and "tool Husker fan" describes every last one of them perfectly.

A college degree

I too am burdened with living and working in Omaha. I proudly wore my Iowa State shirt to work today. As it is a short sleeve polo, The self appointed ' biggest 'sker fan in the world' asked me why I was wearing my gear out of season since it was so cold out. If he had the sense or intelligence to realize that it would have been a decent joke, I might have laughed with him. When I mentioned the game tonight he had no clue that ISU and UNL were playing tonight, and proceeded to ask me if Nebraska was any good this year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron