Hilton Magic Starts Tonight!

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
Iowa State lost to SDSU while Nebraska lost to UMBC. I'm not sure who would win between the two but that could be a clue in who will win tonight. This could be an ugly game...

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Iowa State lost to SDSU while Nebraska lost to UMBC. I'm not sure who would win between the two but that could be a clue in who will win tonight. This could be an ugly game...

While Iowa State beat OregonSt, Nebraska lost to OregonSt- if that means anything.

Last edited:

becrisgreg

Apr 11, 2006
Omaha
Comparative scores in Men's basketball are worthless.

Within the same week. BC beat Carolina on the road, and lost at home to Harvard.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The weather tonight is supposed to be brutally cold. I'll be there but if I didn't have a reliable car I might think twice.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
The weather tonight is supposed to be brutally cold. I'll be there but if I didn't have a reliable car I might think twice.

-16 with -30 wind chills. It is the donors that haven't been showing to games- they should have good cars.

All I can say is that people should be extra nice to the traffic people tonight.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Saying "Tool Husker fan" is redundant. Of course.... if you just said Tool, you may be talking about Hawk fans as well.

My bad....I guess "tool Husker fan" is fine.

How dare you refer to Hawk fans as tools. Tool is a very talented, very popular rock band. I have yet to witness any Hawk fan be talented or popular at anything...

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
Husker fans are a subset of Tools. We could create a Venn diagram to illustrate this concept.

Like this?

Hawk fans and Husker fans are subsets of tools, which could include many other groups of people.

Of course, using Venn Diagrams, we would also have to account for someone who might be a fan of both the huskers AND the hawks... I've included this

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
Like this?

Hawk fans and Husker fans are subsets of tools, which could include many other groups of people.

Of course, using Venn Diagrams, we would also have to account for someone who might be a fan of both the huskers AND the hawks... I've included this

Scientifically valid. Good work.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
A bit of a plead here.....

based on this thread title "Hilton Magic Starts Tonight".... for all of you going to the game tonight... you are the magic... it only lives if you allow it... there have been an asinine amount of posts about the vitality of the Magic on CF over the last couple years... if you go to the game... MAKE NOISE! don't sit there with your arms folded thinking to yourself "hilton just ain't what it used to be!" if you make the effort to drive to the game, pay $ for the ticket, be part of the game, not just an aloof spectator. Oh, and the product on the floor isn't what it used to be? (an excuse I've read numerous times in CF discussions) No Tinsley's or Fizers or Homan's or Stinson's? that just means the team on the floor needs you more... create the energy, don't expect it to just be there. The weather sucks, but you're Iowans, you deal with it. I recall working concessions in 93 and 94 at Hilton with the home games at the start of the spring semester with temps below zero, yet Hilton was sizzling inside against KU and OU. The non-conference games are done. It's not SDSU or Houston Baptist anymore... it's the Big12 conference now, it's what we love and take pride in, having a tenacious homecourt advantage irregardless of the talent on the court. Make it live tonight, and hopefully there will be no more threads discussing the passing into the great beyond of Hilton Magic.