*** Official #8 Oklahoma State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) THREAD ***

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Maybe it’s always been like this and I’m just now noticing, but seems like lately the refs are pretty consistently spotting the ball where the knee went down as opposed to where the ball is when the knee went down.
Are they doing that for everyone, would be the next question. That and it's supposed to be where the ball is when knee or body part is down.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Manning wasn't perfect yesterday, but he made a great decision to make the adjustment to run all those PA plays. OSU was selling out on the run, and Brock did a great job of not only making good passes, but smart passes. Finally opened things up for Breece.

Didn't like the runs up the gut on 3rd and 4th when we were up 17-14, and then on our last drive. But getting OSU to burn another timeout ended up being pretty important.
They were mostly RPOs, not play actions. Which I think was a great call because it was putting the play decision more into Brock’s hands and he was masterful. Dude completed like something around his last 14 passes.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyched

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
It was Lamesville to storm the field.
Sorry but let the kids enjoy the moment. Who cares if your supposed to win and act like you've been there. The students deserve to enjoy the moment! Bring the energy and support your team! I'm sure the players loved celebrating with everyone! Emotions are what make college football great!

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Meh. Long time coming especially with limited crowds last season.

And I don't know if many really knew ISU was favored.
The students and fans keep bringing it and creating that kind of atmosphere at games - they can have whatever fun they want after. Enough crappy **** with real consequences to worry about every other day of the week.
Sorry but let the kids enjoy the moment. Who cares if yours supposed to win and act like you've been there. The students deserve to enjoy the moment! Bring the energy and support your team! I'm sure the players loved celebrating with everyone! Emotions are what make college football great!
I don't care if they do it and whatever justification you have for it doesn't change that it's lame to storm the field in that situation. My Dad wore black socks with his shoes and shorts. He didn't give a ****. But it was still lame.

tyler24

Jun 19, 2006
I don't care if they do it and whatever justification you have for it doesn't change that it's lame to storm the field in that situation. My Dad wore black socks with his shoes and shorts. He didn't give a ****. But it was still lame.
It's also lame to call out people for having fun and enjoying themselves. But I guess we're doing lame things now.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Your dad sounds a lot less lame than his son whining on the internet about kids storming the field.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

You know what’s lame? Complaining that ISU students stormed the field to celebrate a huge win over a Top 10 team.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

It's lame for fans of an unranked team to storm the field after beating #8 a year after they were hardly even allowed to be there?

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Weird hill to die on, but this is CF, so not much surprises me.

• Winner
  • Agree
Reactions: ICCYFAN and harimad

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron