*** Official #8 Oklahoma State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) THREAD ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Rewatching right now on FS1.

Noel's ability to turn a corner should come up big over the next month.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The last TD by Sanders...what a throw. And while he was getting crowded/hit.

Good to have ISU get the win vs. that kind of performamce.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones500

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
The last TD by Sanders...what a throw. And while he was getting crowded/hit.

Good to have ISU get the win vs. that kind of performamce.

That point of the game I got a little worried. Thought window of opportunity was in jeopardy. Prior to that Got a 3-and-out (actually twice, one negated by illegal substitution) then offensive drive stalled.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Manning wasn't perfect yesterday, but he made a great decision to make the adjustment to run all those PA plays. OSU was selling out on the run, and Brock did a great job of not only making good passes, but smart passes. Finally opened things up for Breece.

Didn't like the runs up the gut on 3rd and 4th when we were up 17-14, and then on our last drive. But getting OSU to burn another timeout ended up being pretty important.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That point of the game I got a little worried. Thought window of opportunity was in jeopardy. Prior to that Got a 3-and-out (actually twice, one negated by illegal substitution) then offensive drive stalled.

It all changed when Purdy dropped it off for Hall to take it to midfield.

Make the simple pass, let the athletes make the play.

Reactions: cyclones500

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Manning wasn't perfect yesterday, but he made a great decision to make the adjustment to run all those PA plays. OSU was selling out on the run, and Brock did a great job of not only making good passes, but smart passes. Finally opened things up for Breece.

Didn't like the runs up the gut on 3rd and 4th when we were up 17-14, and then on our last drive. But getting OSU to burn another timeout ended up being pretty important.

I think a straight pitch to Hall in those situations for a race to the marker was there though OSU had some nice closing speed.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
If your logic is always true, then Hall didnt score, he got stuffed. Oh wait, he did score.
That was from 5 yards out. Of course nobody is going to run a QB sneak in that situation. I'm referring to the 4th and inches and the goaline calls in the first half when they needed inches to get a TD.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Wacky game. I swore the refs were out to get us - a common misconception from past experience. So myself, the guy on my left and the lady on my right started watching every play so much closer in the third quarter.

Turns out, Okie State was getting screwed too on linesman spots and whatnot. It's like the Ref crew all had bets on the under.

With the proliferous spread of legalized gambling, this game smelled funny. But without even a shred of evidence, I'll put my money on the incompetence of Big $$ officiating.

Edit I misspelled Big XII as Big $$.

Damn - I did it again - I meant Big $$
Maybe it’s always been like this and I’m just now noticing, but seems like lately the refs are pretty consistently spotting the ball where the knee went down as opposed to where the ball is when the knee went down.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron