*** Official #8 Oklahoma State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) THREAD ***

Dopey

Nov 2, 2009
Did special teams win us the game?

Good field goals. A booming punt. They miss 2 FGs.

Crazy.

Attachments

• 1635095991543.png
    1635095991543.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Cloneon

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
I have loved the Cyclones since attending my first ISU football game in 1979 (with Fred & Lugbolt Krueger - thanks fellas). My freshman year at ISU (1981), we started out 5-1-1, beating EIU in Ames and tying Oklahoma in Norman, getting as high as #11 in the country, before losing our final four games to finish 5-5-1. That was my introduction to the ISU "gut-kick" and there were to be many more over the next forty years.

These are heady times for ISU football and I've finally learned to enjoy a well-played contest regardless of the outcome, but it's difficult to reset your mind to expect success after enduring nearly four DECADES of heartache. I haven't entirely achieved it yet and sadly, still anticipate the worst! In closing, if you have an older fan in your section being pessimistic, cut 'em some slack - old habits die hard...

i started same time. We took the field after the TOE win, and since they had set up 2x4s to replace the goalposts, it was evident that they expected us to storm the field. I recall seeing pieces of the goalpost proudly displayed in dorm rooms as well as a large chunk that made its way to Lake LaVerne. But those kind of celebrations were hard to find. I attended the OSU game when Thurman Thomas was a Heisman favorite. We could sit literally anywhere as it was very cold and no one attended the game. I nearly caught a field goal in the North bleachers, and sat on the 50 yard line on both sides of the field during the game. We kept moving just to stay warm. Yep, old memories that I hope don't fade, and old habits that don't easily die.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
Are you offering? Because sometimes I I just want to held and feel secure and someone to tell me it's going to be alright. Just kidding hugs were lame.
Hugs are the field storming of personal interaction?

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Patrick Stevens must not be a real sports journalist though, because this was a thoughtful, informed few paragraphs, but there was no mention that these games aren’t as important as the ones in the B1G or $EC.

Yeah, go figure.

;) :mccaffery: ;)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Unfortunately could not be at the game or watch live. After watching the replay, Manning fulfilled my wildest dreams by running lots of RPO. Thank you Tom!

true2isu

Dec 24, 2011
NE Iowa
Unfortunately could not be at the game or watch live. After watching the replay, Manning fulfilled my wildest dreams by running lots of RPO.'sThank you Tom!
And Brock consistently ran the RPO better than I can ever remember against a defense of this caliber. The result is 27-33 for 307 yards.
2 TDS no picks. I watched the replay and I think this is Brock's best games as a Cyclone.... so far.