Are you guys frickin' serious???

djcubby

Nov 24, 2006
Bondurant
I normally stay away from the boards for a while after an ISU loss because I cannot stand all of the meltdown crap around here but today I could just not resist. ISU is 6-2 and people are posting around here like we have not won a game all year. ARE YOU FOR REAL???

Both the football and basketball teams are young, and therefore are going to be inconsistent. Yes, last night we lost a game that we should have won. It's going to happen more than most people can handle this year. However, we are also probably going to beat a couple of teams that we shouldn't.

This whole thing about calling for a coaches head, or even Pollards for that matter, after every loss is getting a little rediculous. My guess is that 99.9% of people on this board have never been a college coach in any sport and have no idea what it takes to build a winning program. Anyone that thought that GMac and Chiz were going to come in from day 1 and make us a national title contender in 5 years is smoking some bad stuff.

Ok, I think I am settling down now...

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Yep, people need to just let it go. We lost a tough game we shouldn't have. Almost all of our games are going to be like this. They are going to come down to the wire and if we can stay focused and play tough, we'll win. If we stumble and play foolish like last night, we'll lose.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I think we should leave the Big 12 and go to the MVC conf....wait!

Ok, ok. Let's cancel summer leagues, they have to be the problem.

While we're at it, let's fire the coach, the AD, the university president, and his secretary. Then let's tear down Hilton cause the magic is dead.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I think we should leave the Big 12 and go to the MVC conf....wait!

Ok, ok. Let's cancel summer leagues, they have to be the problem.

While we're at it, let's fire the coach, the AD, the university president, and his secretary. Then let's tear down Hilton cause the magic is dead.

that secretary. :realmad:

she is the real culprit!

get calling Manpower Knownothin!

ICCLONEGAL

May 8, 2006
Iowa City
I normally stay away from the boards for a while after an ISU loss because I cannot stand all of the meltdown crap around here but today I could just not resist. ISU is 6-2 and people are posting around here like we have not won a game all year. ARE YOU FOR REAL???

Both the football and basketball teams are young, and therefore are going to be inconsistent. Yes, last night we lost a game that we should have won. It's going to happen more than most people can handle this year. However, we are also probably going to beat a couple of teams that we shouldn't.

This whole thing about calling for a coaches head, or even Pollards for that matter, after every loss is getting a little rediculous. My guess is that 99.9% of people on this board have never been a college coach in any sport and have no idea what it takes to build a winning program. Anyone that thought that GMac and Chiz were going to come in from day 1 and make us a national title contender in 5 years is smoking some bad stuff.

Ok, I think I am settling down now...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
What should the response be after losing to Drake 3 years in a row?

Sitting down. Relaxing. Take a deep breath.

DRAKE HAS BEEN A GREAT TEAM THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am done in this thread and all other idiotic meltdown threads.

Reactions: wxman1

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
that secretary. :realmad:

she is the real culprit!

get calling Manpower Knownothin!

Yep, let's blame the Secretary - after all, Angie DID say she'd like to pound Maggie Gyllenhall with a bag of nickels during The Dark Knight... :laugh:

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
What should the response be after losing to Drake 3 years in a row?

Bummer. That sucks, we were soooo close to winning. We'll get them next time.

It's OK to be disappointed with a loss, but calling for someone to be fired after each loss is crossing some line.

It's like there aren't any Cubs fans here...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
reactor4.jpg

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Sitting down. Relaxing. Take a deep breath.

DRAKE HAS BEEN A GREAT TEAM THE LAST FEW YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I am done in this thread and all other idiotic meltdown threads.

Drake was good last year. The year before they were barely .500 and this year they probably won't get to the postseason. I get really tired of the meltdown threads as well but there is a real lack of hope with this program right now and it's not just confined to this board.

Reactions: mustangcy