*** Official Kansas State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
How many years will it take to dig out of this hole Prohm has dug?
3 plus. New coach would need new recruits for his style, some players would transfer immediately which wouldn’t be worse than it is. It’s rock bottom right now. Doesn’t even look like any of our guys even want to play- for prohm, each other, or the fan base. Embarrassing.

Nothingman

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 31, 2006
Time to bring back Fred Hoiberg, he had everything going and just left and went to Crappy Chicago Bulls team as head coach and then an insult to injury now coaches Nebraska.
That was the strangest thing I’ve ever read. Like explaining the Fred Hoiberg situation to a small child. Or a large bear.

• Haha
Reactions: dirtyninety

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Hard to say this, but I am so sad about the state of the hoops program it’s affecting my ability to enjoy the fact that we’re having our best football season in at least 108 years (likely ever). Basketball was what made me a Cyclone. Trying to put out of sight, out of mind before Saturday but man, talk about polar opposites as far as the trajectories. I may not make it to 10:00 at this point with early work tomorrow - and I am someone who has watched every minute of every game for like 25 years (no leaving early to beat the traffic out of Hilton).

For the first time in my fandom, I feel like making the choice not to invest in this team because there’s just no hope...didn’t happen for me with McDermott until the very end and even then, there were still glimmers! Just feel sad for our guys and am obviously hoping for a comeback here.

Right there with you except for a couple points. Thankfully, it hasn't taken away from football for me (but I can see where it would) and it DID happen to me with McDoormat. It got to the point with him that games would go by and I didn't even know we were playing. That probably won't happen now with CF, but I've definitely reached apathy. It's just really sad.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
One has to ask though what the financial damage is of a program being this awful of a ********.
It was going to be financial bad either way. No fans if we are good and no fans if we are bad. Revenue from TV don’t care how good you are. We could be top ten and lose the same amount

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Play Foster night and day.

Rip the scab off the freshman and get them as many minutes as possible. They’re the future, not out 5th year senior that can rebound or defend.

Yep. So of course Prohm does the exact opposite and sits Foster for 3/4 of a half (and counting) even though he was a small bright spot when he was in.

Last edited:

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Solo is most successful when he’s surrounded by talent and the attention isn’t on him. When he’s the focus in the post, he gets eaten alive, even by a freshman.

This is a nothing-to-lose season, put in our freshman!

• Agree
Reactions: cygrads

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
It was going to be financial bad either way. No fans if we are good and no fans if we are bad. Revenue from TV don’t care how good you are. We could be top ten and lose the same amount

Yeah, but any decisions made at the end of this year affect revenue next year. Gonna be a major hole when hilton is empty next year even with no covid restrictions. I remember what those mcdermott years were like.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron