Clone Cones are boss.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Clone clones rule. I mean, I love those things! I get one every time I see the Cyclones playing at wonderful Hilton Coliseum. I would also go out and say that they are the best "dessert-treat" ever in all of sporting venues.

Anyone agree?

Also, what are some other top "goodie-getters" at other venues...
aka "Fenway Frank." Bring 'em up!

Random thread....boring Monday.

Reactions: ajk4st8

Cy'sMatters

Jan 24, 2007
Ames
My first Clone Cone was one of the worst experiences I've had in my 7 years in Ames. Okay, that's a little dramatic, but I was expecting something better than plain ol' vanilla after looking at the pretty colors.

The walking tacos are awesome. I was quite disappointed none were being sold at the last wrestling meet.

I'm also a big fan of the fresh-roasted peanuts. I don't know why, but salted-in-the-shells taste about a million times better when they're nice and warm.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Haven't had one yet this year because those I've seen were way too soft. The swirl shapes weren't even waiting until people got to their seats to eat them. Are they any better now that it's December?

Walking tacos are good, too. Usually my meal for an early afternoon game.

bmuff

Apr 7, 2006
Clone Cones are freaking awesome. Better than Dairy Queen. Kinda expensive, but they stack them up pretty high. I'd rather pay $3.50 for a Clone Cone than $4 for a bottle of water.

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Here's a good Clone Cone story:

I was taking it easy in the upper deck of the student section a few years ago when, during a time out, they put Hiawatha Rutland up on the board. He was in the isle of the student section down close to the court, and had a big, fresh Clone Cone in his hand. He noticed himself on the video board, and started to do some sort of amusing dance...and all of a sudden the top ice cream part of the cone fell off and plopped to the ground. It was hilarious, though I'm sure Hiawatha didn't find it as funny.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
ISU basketball + walking taco + clone cone =

heaven.jpg

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Walkin Taco is the best... I miss going to the game at Hilton:(

DavClone

Apr 12, 2006
30 minutes from Hilton
I'd like to see another Clone Cone stand or two added to keep the lines shorter. I would probably get two or three a game if I didn't have to wait in line so long. Add this to the Hilton renovations.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
I haven't had a Clone Cone yet this year. Don't get me wrong, I love them, but they really failed to impress me last year. I had several last season when the machine couldn't keep the ice cream cold enough and they couldn't serve cones, so they served them in a dish and it still melted and overflowed all over my hand before I got back to my seat. Dishes suck, I want a cone.

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I'd like to see another Clone Cone stand or two added to keep the lines shorter. I would probably get two or three a game if I didn't have to wait in line so long. Add this to the Hilton renovations.

2 or 3? Wow! You must really love them. That would make me sick!:eek: