AP Poll prediction

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Wisconsin ranked at 2-2 at this point is almost as silly as people who needed Penn State to be top ten at 0-0 when SEC, Big 12 and ACC teams had 5 games under their belts.

Wisconsin has only played 1/3 of a season and they're .500 without quality wins. When before has that ever equalled ranked team? 4-5 loss SEC/B12/ACC teams should be ranked before them. TCU has a better case to be ranked.

It's almost like they don't need to watch any football at all to decide who to rank! :jimlad:

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
What is wrong with Coastal Carolina fans? Every AP ranking post they are whining that ISU is ahead of them.

4pb3lb.jpg

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Just saw the coaches poll is out. ISU up 1 spot to #11 with a win over tough WVU who has a winning record. Iowa moves up 6 spots with a win over ****** Illinois team with 2 wins.
1. Coaches poll is always garbage in both sports 2. Coaches poll always skews toward old veteran coaches. They are insulted that a young guy like MC can come in and be so much better than they are without “paying his dues”.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
At the risk of making a few enemies, lol, take it from a team that has played both: CC is the better/tougher opponent, and not really close. No one saw this coming from them, but it is what is.
The day we played you would be correct. We deserved to lose and you deserved to win. That was many moons ago but you already knew that and chose to ignore it.

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
The day we played you would be correct. We deserved to lose and you deserved to win. That was many moons ago but you already knew that and chose to ignore it.
I'm not ignoring anything, like the fact that you, UL and CCU are not the same teams from early on in the season. And I took those facts into account before making my first post today. But congrats on your season and we remain glad that you guys are doing well.
I'll leave you in peace now, lol

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
At the risk of making a few enemies, lol, take it from a team that has played both: CC is the better/tougher opponent, and not really close. No one saw this coming from them, but it is what is.

It's really tough to apply the transitive property in football, especially a few months apart. That said, having watched both the week 1 game and the CC vs BYU game, I don't think you can say that CC looks better than ISU right now. And that is not even close. That CC/BYU game was sloppy AF on both sides.

The week 1 game is the outlier of ISU's season, without a doubt. I think it's fair to say that most ISU fans have been skeptical all season because of the loss to UL, but these last 3 weeks prove that it was the outlier (not the middle of the season wins).

The only way I see your statement being remotely true is if the CC/BYU game was a huge outlier for CC's team. And even then, I don't see how you could confidently say CC >>> ISU, at best you could say that they're close.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
I'm not ignoring anything, like the fact that you, UL and CCU are not the same teams from early on in the season. And I took those facts into account before making my first post today. But congrats on your season and we remain glad that you guys are doing well.
I'll leave you in peace now, lol
You just gotta' stir the gumbo pot, don't you? O well. Your opinion, such as it is, is duly noted, if not appreciated.

GeauxUL

Sep 12, 2020
ok, I lied...one more post: I would not have normally replied, but just had to when I saw (and continue to see) you guys throwing shade on CCU. We will never agree on this, but they are a very formidable team and I truly believe that they would be able to get a W from you guys. That is not a dish on your team, but just how I see it after watching both teams this season.
Au revoir mon amis

• Haha
Reactions: harimad

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com

We played a terrible game against Louisiana. Probably didn't take them as seriously as we should have, and 2 special teams blunders were the difference. They'd do you like they just did West Virginia if played today.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
ok, I lied...one more post: I would not have normally replied, but just had to when I saw (and continue to see) you guys throwing shade on CCU. We will never agree on this, but they are a very formidable team and I truly believe that they would be able to get a W from you guys. That is not a dish on your team, but just how I see it after watching both teams this season.
Au revoir mon amis
Merry Coonass Christmas! Hop back in your pirogue, Papa Noel, and paddle the **** out of here.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
Reactions: GeauxUL

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Au revoir mon amis

Nobody are this board said CC is not a 'formidable team'. They're ranked and I'm thankful the Fighting Chickens beat BYU.

As far as who is the more formidable team- how would Vegas see a matchup now between ISU and either UL or CC. If you think UL or CC would be favored by the money guys with no fandom, you're dreaming.