*** Official South Dakota State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
We are basically one of those teams that play 20 straight road games against P5 schools. Steve Prohm and staff are fleecing this University. LOL!!!

• Agree
Reactions: TheHonestCycloneFan

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
We can't even switch things up by going zone. They'd kill us from three. Only way I see this game turning is if we get hot from deep and go uptempo and force turnovers. Easy, right?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Not changing my mind, this team is going to have to be judged not game to game but month to month. Too many new faces.

I'm with ya but we're seeing a rerun from far too many games last year with the "good" players. But I think we have a much better bunch and will once again take the long-view and hope to see them grow, develop and win.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
That’s real bad basketball.

If it weren’t for the Shayok year I’d wonder if the staff coaches at all. Besides that year and benefiting from the fruits of inheriting a roster that was exposed to, like, actual coaching, there’s little for this staff to hang its hat on. Conditt has somehow regressed, we don’t defend, and we continue to live or die on guys jacking threes that aren’t very good at em, with no backup option because nobody is particularly effective at creating on their own. Horrendous, correctable mistakes over and over, no sign of in-game coaching, no sense of urgency in-game.

Even with a generous outlook of understanding that it takes time for guys to gel on the offensive end, the defense just isn’t being coached correctly. And it’s blatantly apparent. Our staff is in over its head in most areas beyond point guard development.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
We can't even switch things up by going zone. They'd kill us from three. Only way I see this game turning is if we get hot from deep and go uptempo and force turnovers. Easy, right?

There's not much you can do when your opponent is just better than you in all facets of the game. Better players and better coaching. That's tough to beat.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
This is Prohm's sixth year right? I know this is only the second game with a lot of new players. But we also have several players back...and none of them look better. At all.

I was a Prohm apologist until last year. He lost me. People can keep defending him and I don't fault them for it, but to me it's blind optimism. Programs where we were when he took over don't regress this much after six years I don't care how many players went pro or transferred.

To me, he's just not the right guy anymore. And I know we can't afford to do anything about it right now but to see the program's regression is just...really sad. I obviously will cheer for these players but I don't expect anything. I predicted we wouldn't hit ten wins this year...and I stand by that.

It's sad honestly. In the past ten minutes I've had four texts from four die hard Cyclone fans basically saying 'I didn't even know we had a game tonight...' to 'we are getting thumped at home by SDSU?!' to '...i honestly didn't know we were playing, I assume we are losing and no one looks like they've improved am i right?'. Apathy is setting in...and it was already setting in late last year. I do think if COVID didn't happen and Prohm was offered a gig back close to home he would have gone.

He is really fortunate and a benefactor of our football team.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
With the way the football season has gone, I have a hard time being upset right now. I'm going to be patient and hope to see remarkable improvement over the course of the season.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006

Well, they said Prohm wanted to shoot 40% from three to be competitive. So after the first half, that means we'd need to go about 80% in the second half to hit that.