*** Official South Dakota State vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You would hope we'd be better if we had Tre and Hinson..... but I'm not even too sure about that? They'd probably just run around and look lost like everyone else does.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
We can't even switch things up by going zone. They'd kill us from three. Only way I see this game turning is if we get hot from deep and go uptempo and force turnovers. Easy, right?
Or maybe take better shots? You know, actually work on offense?

NDMARTIN2015

Jun 7, 2018
Des Moines
I’m glad I experienced the Hoiberg years in college. Best years of my life. We probably won’t see that ever again, and if we do.. maybe 10-15 years from now. Hoiberg was the guy, he had the community involved, the school, absolute legend. I don’t see ISU being any more than a truck stop school on the way to greener pastures. I am done defending Prohm.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Very big contract buy out, Iowa state cannot afford it. Especially now with 10s of millions of lost revenue this year. We have stick with Prohm for a few more years.

Yep.... if he wants to stay here.... we're stuck with him.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I’m so confused . What happened to the fast break up tempo game we used to play. When you can’t shoot you have to play that way

ZuriCyclone

Nov 10, 2019
Wow Cyclone women. Looks like all is not last this year in basketball. The Podcasts shooudl provide more coverage on women's basketball over the men's.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I get that we have some new pieces and it's early, but this team looks like it is utterly clueless with NO plan on either end of the floor. I mean, they don't ever look like they're trying to do something that makes sense. It's astonishing.
I'd say they have a "plan" on offense - just jack 3's. And then after the game just shrug and say "we had good looks."

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Its probably accurate. Greenville is a D3 team that plays a grinnell-like run and shoot offense. Murray State put up 173 points on them the other day.

Ah that makes sense if it's the losing team that's pushing the pace.

That's an incredible pace to beat down an inferior opponent unless they're the one pushing it.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Ah that makes sense if it's the losing team that's pushing the pace.

That's an incredible pace to beat down an inferior opponent unless they're the one pushing it.

Reminds me of that Citadel game a few years back where we hung 130 entirely from their pace

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
I’m glad I experienced the Hoiberg years in college. Best years of my life. We probably won’t see that ever again, and if we do.. maybe 10-15 years from now. Hoiberg was the guy, he had the community involved, the school, absolute legend. I don’t see ISU being any more than a truck stop school on the way to greener pastures. I am done defending Prohm.
Hoiberg was definitely the guy to build a dynasty here and he had it going. Sucks he had to leave. But I can’t blame him for wanting to try the NBA.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron