Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
It's like somebody threw a switch....most of the maples in our neighborhood all started dumping leaves the last day or two. It hasn't been a very normal fall, the color change was delayed, and then it got cool pretty quickly. I'd bet these trees are wondering what the **** is going on.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
It's like somebody threw a switch....most of the maples in our neighborhood all started dumping leaves the last day or two. It hasn't been a very normal fall, the color change was delayed, and then it got cool pretty quickly. I'd bet these trees are wondering what the **** is going on.
So is my mini-rhodie...
73047027_10221992632544203_4131420172638486528_n.jpg

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It (unofficially) dropped to 32 degrees at the MSP airport this morning during my drive in. That is the first 32 temp since April 15 - which is a more Iowa-like length of growing season. I never heard if they made it official.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
No e-mail yet! It's time for overdramatic reactions, and ignore that the department is probably just getting the stuff from HR today.

THEY'VE FORGOTTEN ME! THEY REACHED OUT AND FORGOT ME! THEY'RE TAKING BACK MY DEGREE! IT WAS ALL A SHAM!!!

OK, that was fun. Back to something productive now.

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
No e-mail yet! It's time for overdramatic reactions, and ignore that the department is probably just getting the stuff from HR today.

THEY'VE FORGOTTEN ME! THEY REACHED OUT AND FORGOT ME! THEY'RE TAKING BACK MY DEGREE! IT WAS ALL A SHAM!!!

giphy.gif

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011

All hiring happens on Fridays my man. You're golden

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
There was a big envelop on the porch from the City. Figured some official stuff about an old building permit or maybe some big surprise property assessment. It was a certificate from their photo contest . Thought good grief, a certificate for a freakin' honorable mention? Than saw another little envelope with a check in it for $25. Thought this was just a fun contest, now I can go buy a bottle of wine and another bag of Halloween candy. FTW.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
There was a big envelop on the porch from the City. Figured some official stuff about an old building permit or maybe some big surprise property assessment. It was a certificate from their photo contest . Thought good grief, a certificate for a freakin' honorable mention? Than saw another little envelope with a check in it for $25. Thought this was just a fun contest, now I can go buy a bottle of wine and another bag of Halloween candy. FTW.
Can you share the photo or does the city now own it?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can you share the photo or does the city now own it?

Ironic that it was a squirrel hanging upside down eating crabapples in the snow since I kinda hate squirrels but the picture had to be in Golden Valley and that was what I had. Turned out FB quality pics is what they like. :rolleyes: They didn't like the tom turkey picture. All my best pics where taken in Mpls and Mexico and theses pics from my street were my only GV pics.. squirrel in crabapple CF scale.jpg

big tom april 2019 CF scale.jpg

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If the wind stops gusty to 20 mph and it warms up a little more I might hit da trails this afternoon. Otherwise tomorrow afternoon is going to be a tough call between vying interests, bike ride vs Boxster fall color drive vs sitting inside watching ISU homecoming game. Leave raking didn't even make the cut. :rolleyes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Quiet there.

Bacchus, the Roman god of wine, spoke to me today. Through music. Was driving home from LifeTime workout and UB40 came on the radio with Red Red Wine. The message was clear. Buy some red wine. Off to shop, don't want to piss Bacchus off.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I'm watching part of a high school game on cable tv....sweet lou montgomery doing commentary.....about third time this year I have had to listen to him. It is really bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.