Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Hey, just logged in for awhile. Last Friday at 4:30 am I got a call from the care center (mom had been there since August) that my mom wasn’t doing well. I went in and sat with her until she passed onto the other side that afternoon. Been dealing with funeral and estate stuff, funeral yesterday.

Finally back at work and trying to catch up. You are always amazed at who shows up at visitations that you would never expect. For the last 10-12 years I took care of my mom from one degree to another. She always called me in the morning if I didn’t stop by to see her, still find myself looking at my phone by 9 am to see if I missed her call.

Thanks for the thoughts about me Sara.

So sorry to see this, BC. Surely an incredibly taxing week for you. How comforting it must have been for your mother to have you at her side and not be alone.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Went to senior night game tonight (the first we attended this year). Score was 34-0 after the first, 43-0 at half. Opposing team was up, we left at half. Not very good at football up here in the great white north.

Could be worse, my college won the basketball game tonight 144-44. I suppose it’s worth adding the other school only had 5 players and one got hurt towards the end so they played with 4 for the last few minutes

Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Could be worse, my college won the basketball game tonight 144-44. I suppose it’s worth adding the other school only had 5 players and one got hurt towards the end so they played with 4 for the last few minutes

How small is this college if they only have 5 players?

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Hey, just logged in for awhile. Last Friday at 4:30 am I got a call from the care center (mom had been there since August) that my mom wasn’t doing well. I went in and sat with her until she passed onto the other side that afternoon. Been dealing with funeral and estate stuff, funeral yesterday.

Finally back at work and trying to catch up. You are always amazed at who shows up at visitations that you would never expect. For the last 10-12 years I took care of my mom from one degree to another. She always called me in the morning if I didn’t stop by to see her, still find myself looking at my phone by 9 am to see if I missed her call.

I'm so sorry for your loss, BC. You took good care of her. Prayers for you and your family.

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I thought dreams with teeth had something to do with sex.
Sheesh, my cursor keeps jumping all over the place as I try to respond. If I didn’t catch it before posting you’d wonder what I was drinking. Mtn Dew at the moment.

Only if you dream that they are falling out.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm feeling ya, BC. My Dad died 13 years ago, and I still hear his voice in my head every single day. My Mom is 88 and doing very well, but I know when she goes there will be a hole in my life that will never be filled. Be glad for your love for each other, and do take some time to grieve. It's very important.

• Friendly

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.

May you fimd some peace amidst your loss, Dana Brother. Your devotion not only yielded a better life for her, but also many memories for you!

• Friendly

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I'm sorry for your loss BC. I need to call my sister as she just returned from a week with mom because I'll never get a straight answer from mom.

As of now I'm thinking of taking the week after Thanksgiving off. Drive out on Thanksgiving and get there on Friday. See if she can schedule appointments for that week so I can chauffeur her around.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Oh gosh, BC. So sorry to read this. I’m sure this is hard on you and will be for awhile. You’ve been a good son and I’m sure she appreciated all you did.

• Friendly

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
A friend of ours lost his mom Thursday. Found out late yesterday via FB because I’m sure it was sudden, considering some health issues earlier this fall.
With BC’s news, this is a sobering weekend for sure.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If the wind stops gusty to 20 mph and it warms up a little more I might hit da trails this afternoon. Otherwise tomorrow afternoon is going to be a tough call between vying interests, bike ride vs Boxster fall color drive vs sitting inside watching ISU homecoming game. Leave raking didn't even make the cut. :rolleyes:

It is a little windy but can't be that choosy on an October 26th. Leading towards bike ride. Washing four really dirty windows is on the halftime agenda. The low sun angle this time of year kinda accentuates how damn dirty they are. Of course, after I wash them they will be cleaner but 100% guarantee they will be streaky.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
A friend of ours lost his mom Thursday. Found out late yesterday via FB because I’m sure it was sudden, considering some health issues earlier this fall.
With BC’s news, this is a sobering weekend for sure.
Indeed. I got a call very early this am (those are rarely good in my experience, especially since the cops no longer call me in the middle of the night to approve search warrants). It was my Mom (thankfully) letting me know that her sister had died (my aunt had been suffering from cancer and dementia for some time now). Medea vita in morte sumus.

Status
Not open for further replies.