Random Thoughts the 13th: Jason Takes RTT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Went to senior night game tonight (the first we attended this year). Score was 34-0 after the first, 43-0 at half. Opposing team was up, we left at half. Not very good at football up here in the great white north.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Went to senior night game tonight (the first we attended this year). Score was 34-0 after the first, 43-0 at half. Opposing team was up, we left at half. Not very good at football up here in the great white north.

It could have been worse.....sweet lou montgomery could have been the PA announcer.

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames

Listened to Ames station on our way home from downtown - behind 34-7. The signal was crap, too. A home game and there’s static and interference a mile away?
Update: it wasn’t a home game. It was in Des Moines. Still crappy reception.
Home now and packing up for tomorrow. Hope we don’t forget about our pizza in the oven while trying to arrange tailgate stuff.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Bought a whole bunch'o wine tonight. Looked at receipt when I got home and thought "That doesn't look right". They forgot to charge me for three bottles of $15 wine. Feeling a little bad but would have said something at the time if I was paying attention which I am typically not. I am kind of a swipe and sign guy.

PS: If this a ma and pa or local shop I'd go back tomorrow and correct it. However, it's the Walmart of wine, Total Wine. Or so I am rationalizing. :oops:

Last edited:

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I had a dream last night that CG let me hold her baby and when it smiled it had a full set of adult human teeth. What does that mean?
I thought dreams with teeth had something to do with sex.
Sheesh, my cursor keeps jumping all over the place as I try to respond. If I didn’t catch it before posting you’d wonder what I was drinking. Mtn Dew at the moment.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
Husband's up in Mason City calling a 2-win team vs. a no-win team. Ottumwa up 17-7 at the half. Ottumwa could have had more if it wasn't for some untimely fumbles.

Hoping @BCClone is doing okay. Haven't seen him post in here in awhile.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Husband's up in Mason City calling a 2-win team vs. a no-win team. Ottumwa up 17-7 at the half. Ottumwa could have had more if it wasn't for some untimely fumbles.

Harvest, or maybe his mom...or some combination? I checked; he's not banned...and it's been 8 days since he posted...

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well did a little precheck for work this weekend. I'm hosed, I'll be fortunate to even get to listen to part of the FB game tomorrow. FML I knew I should have asked for this wkend off.

• Dislike
Reactions: ImJustKCClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I had a dream last night that CG let me hold her baby and when it smiled it had a full set of adult human teeth. What does that mean?

baby-wth-adult-teeth12.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Well, maybe we should be looking at going and getting his stuff. Although I have no need for a rusty pickup at this point in my life.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Hey, just logged in for awhile. Last Friday at 4:30 am I got a call from the care center (mom had been there since August) that my mom wasn’t doing well. I went in and sat with her until she passed onto the other side that afternoon. Been dealing with funeral and estate stuff, funeral yesterday.

Finally back at work and trying to catch up. You are always amazed at who shows up at visitations that you would never expect. For the last 10-12 years I took care of my mom from one degree to another. She always called me in the morning if I didn’t stop by to see her, still find myself looking at my phone by 9 am to see if I missed her call.

Thanks for the thoughts about me Sara.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Well, maybe we should be looking at going and getting his stuff. Although I have no need for a rusty pickup at this point in my life.

Good pickup gets a new windshield on Tuesday, so if you wait a couple days, you can get a diesel in decent shape.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not sure I am complete ready to host the niece and munchkins tomorrow for an overnight. In between wine pours and sets of 50 crunches I've been blowing up a kid mattress for one of the Tasmanian devils to sleep on. Will be getting up MUCH earlier than retired guy usually does on Sunday to make sure the boys don't get into stuff which they will when out of sight for more than a moment. I just do not have a child type house setup. It is more 2-3 year proof than 7 and 9 year old proof. Little Anna I actually trust. :rolleyes:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hey, just logged in for awhile. Last Friday at 4:30 am I got a call from the care center (mom had been there since August) that my mom wasn’t doing well. I went in and sat with her until she passed onto the other side that afternoon. Been dealing with funeral and estate stuff, funeral yesterday.

Finally back at work and trying to catch up. You are always amazed at who shows up at visitations that you would never expect. For the last 10-12 years I took care of my mom from one degree to another. She always called me in the morning if I didn’t stop by to see her, still find myself looking at my phone by 9 am to see if I missed her call.

Sorry to hear your update but the thought of the exact situation crossed my mind when I read Sara's post. :(

• Friendly
Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

I'm sorry for your loss, BC. You had a bond with your mom like Lew has with his. You were a blessing to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron