Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Wondering if it's possible that I have won the war against the magnolia scale scourge. Been fighting scale infestations (bad ones) on my magnolia tree for years. Did an annual Safari systemic drench each year that would knock it back some but never kill it all. Couple years ago I hired Davey Tree to do the Safari and last year they followed up with some toxic spray after the Safari didn't work that great. This spring I sprayed some dormant horticultural oil to suffocate them in their crawler stage and Davey followed with the Safari. First year in like forever I see no scale sucking the life out of the tree and pooping their sticky "honeydew" all over everything. Wondering what did the trick, the oil, spray or that in combo with some cold weather this winter.
Or did you go out every day and stare them down?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Or did you go out every day and stare them down?

Tried that, mostly ineffective.

e10d031c9304085187298e3c8941c73f--peanuts-comics-peanuts-snoopy.jpg

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So my nanny/babysitter told me she went "hammocking" last night. I inquired further, and apparently ALL the kids are doing it. She has 3 hammocks personally, that they go to park, listen to music and setup hammocks, sometimes three high.

I love a good hammock, would it be weird for a nearly 40 yr old to show up? :jimlad:

Thought of this post while biking around the Chain of Lakes this afternoon. Quick count of hammocks at Bde Maka Ska was 11 hammocks on the south shore area alone. It is a thing, I knew that, but didn't know it had a name.

Reactions: CycoCyclone

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Bad day for me and the gmail.
Saw that one PT job I was hoping for but hadn't heard back from in a month just reposted the job. That's pretty much done.

Got teased when I thought it had a message from ISU, but it was just indeed.com with some options. One, a librarian job, led me to looking into library degrees for a few minutes, just for fun. But really. that's a crapshoot at best.

On the other hand, DMACC added my name to my class, so I'm formally assigned now to a course with 3 students enrolled. That's a step, I guess.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Well poo, went to renew my BB tickets this evening. It said this page is lost. Luckily have to be in the Ames area tomorrow so will swing by the ticket office and let them fix it. Glad I didn't wait till the last day that would have pissed me off.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well poo, went to renew my BB tickets this evening. It said this page is lost. Luckily have to be in the Ames area tomorrow so will swing by the ticket office and let them fix it. Glad I didn't wait till the last day that would have pissed me off.
Get your butt in there, bubba! We would miss your face (even if you DO sit in the wrong section)!

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Get your butt in there, bubba! We would miss your face (even if you DO sit in the wrong section)!

Yep that problem is getting fixed tomorrow, was really surprised when the ticket site didn't work. Think I've renewed the last few yrs on line surprised it didn't work tonight. Luckily there is still time to fix the problem.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Nothing like getting scheduled for a meeting with a client without any idea what the meeting is about and then get put on the spot for something that I was able to figure out during the call that had nothing to do with me.

• Dislike
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Doorbell rang about half an hour ago. Assumed some door-to-door ******** stuff so did not answer. Think I heard a flyer getting stuffed into the door jamb. Was busy drinking coffee and making sure everyone on the internet was staying in their lane. You know, important stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: VeloClone

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Doorbell rang about half an hour ago. Assumed some door-to-door ******** stuff so did not answer. Think I heard a flyer getting stuffed into the door jamb. Was busy drinking coffee and making sure everyone on the internet was staying in their lane. You know, important stuff.

Lost opportunity to save my soul or whatnot. :rolleyes:

_wrQX4HZ20aQWBoc58PyECxRcpoUnC2lSpZbqBi_sKBj6wU4Ew6lyGzI_fHIa1fSS12148VF0eyYGsFehEFwVnU4fsxP6lXKTYV8loZm6JTZBge80X14maIz2ssNAGRIwPYK95kEqkiwDuKIzt7D4pR_wx8HS6DBIxapLl4QrzD9PiufkZOFURGtIYfHmIHhg_KfCZPaB_vDtHwpc86eTXn4GbtLYbO5B-jxkNY1GMeqrt5l9PZmppkoIY_BqvNAs69NXWBiaEewQDyitQCR9-WLuXNReq8g9_ysONN7tEnSWb4B2p2VMqW1MnnbdU5Mk6iFG6cHNqZik_MqOj4NKjiHVskKpmaamH7WCUTAnuY7O8obMmO9InklWd5ITlDtuN6tcSZjnlpqx8HHq8dbXHalkntlOAiVZp01VvAxsWNk2Bsz7CKj38QRiuTrl5AZp50yANVlH7eUbKzjpLDDdDC3rsCKovfJ_gYRVwT3ukHjyk0i159CfmpKk4AC2l4_wGHHgZCxZn4LnyEMzPgW6smVhgk6amiNF6zbgbdeBSa-AyzYXpSmfOVoTknJpma3Obj29FtE61Q91UezWqma5i2mdkr2pYrEUv3Xzvzzq915GLPIEKWRot-NRQ7EKJZpb4dryF7jc57ZAqW3g_ReNHc2ZlibkDM=w465-h625-no

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Nothing like getting scheduled for a meeting with a client without any idea what the meeting is about and then get put on the spot for something that I was able to figure out during the call that had nothing to do with me.
We used to have this happen all of the time. I was in a position where we would have the direct contact with our clients call me on the radio and ask us to meet them somewhere in the building. There would be an ambush where a pissed off client was there with the contact and we were walking into it totally unaware of the problem. I got so when I would get those "meet me at X" calls I would ask them to call me on the phone so I could get the poop on the problem and have an answer ready when I got there. I don't mind helping to assuage the concerns of a client, but help me help you by having the information to be prepared to solve the problem. It all goes back to the old adage of garbage in - garbage out. If you ambush me I'm probably not going to be as effective at solving the problem on the spot - and our (your) client will still be pissed rather than feeling heard and taken care of.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman
Status
Not open for further replies.