What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I like the guy but the reality is, this is his ceiling, he could get lucky and have a team get hot enough to get him to the second weekend but keeping him around is settling for just being a team that gets to the tourney. That isn't awful but it seems there is talent to do more. Keeping him wouldn't be horrible but if he goes...there are better coaches out there or at least guys who can keep the program going at this level.

exCYtable

Apr 15, 2010
I like the guy but the reality is, this is his ceiling, he could get lucky and have a team get hot enough to get him to the second weekend but keeping him around is settling for just being a team that gets to the tourney. That isn't awful but it seems there is talent to do more. Keeping him wouldn't be horrible but if he goes...there are better coaches out there or at least guys who can keep the program going at this level.

This is exactly where I'm at too. He's a terrible in-game coach. No adjustments, or adjustments that are way too late, and never runs plays. How many times do we need to let a guy catch the basketball 2 feet from the rim before we do something? How many 7 or 8 minute scoring droughts did we have this year because we play street ball on offense?

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Can anyone explain to me our offense or defensive identity. Like ELI5

giphy.gif

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
My fandom has waivered since he got here. He was saved by Monte I his early years. He does not seem to learn or adapt rapidly to make up the missing ground.

Great recruiter can’t coach out of a box. He’s a good guy. He is Wayne Morgan.

Where does ISU and JP want to be. Maybe we are a football school now. Basketball is the cherry just don’t spend money on the cherry.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
This board is extremely bipolar. I’ve been extremely critical of Prohm but he did enough with the Big 12 tournament to cool the major concerns. That said the team never really recovered from the slide. Even in KC the signs were still there. I wouldn’t be super upset if he left but he has next year to prove it. Even if certain people leave we should be tourney or bust.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
My fandom has waivered since he got here. He was saved by Monte I his early years. He does not seem to learn or adapt rapidly to make up the missing ground.

Great recruiter can’t coach out of a box. He’s a good guy. He is Wayne Morgan.

Where does ISU and JP want to be. Maybe we are a football school now. Basketball is the cherry just don’t spend money on the cherry.

Decent recruiter. We’re ranked 9th in the B12 for 2019.

• Funny
Reactions: BringBackJohnny

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
Just got back to the hotel and haven't read any of the threads. This loss wasn't on Prohm. Ohio State with Wessan was a tough draw for ISU. The officials really let a lot of physical play go which really helped tOSU.

Lots and lots of pushing, holding, etc. It through off our offense.

Jacobsen was overmatched.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
I would have coached tonight for like $50K. Would have saved ISU some cheddar. Started Wiggs and Cam and probably would have won.

Dumb post yeah but basketball is just a dumb game. Don’t over think it. Steven has done that. Freshman are freshman play the best basketball players. Make sure everyone has fun and stays in school. We got teachers that perform that task everyday for 1-100th pay. #bebetter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron