What I know about the Prohm/Alabama speculation...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Let me clarify - I don't know if he's 2nd or not, but I think he deserves to be in the top few.

I believe he should be at 3.5mil as base and then incentives like usual. We can't keep being cheap or we'll always just be a stepping stone. We have the money and it takes money to retain good coaches and staff.

sir do you know who i contact about the open mod position

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Has Prohm ever said anything that sounded nostalgic about Alabama?

Murray, yes. Va Tech, yes. Alabama, I don't recall any.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY and aauummm

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA

Recent article where he said while at Alabama, he often picked up the coaches kids from school then took them to Burger King. Ah, THOSE were the days!

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017

Well, he did want the job in 2015. I imagine he wanted many jobs when at Murray St, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Cycsk

cyIclSoneU

Apr 7, 2016
Reactions: aauummm

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Dunno about the A&M thing, but that's obviously moot now. I think it's interesting Dauster says Prohm wants out of Iowa State when people a lot closer to Prohm/the program have said the exact opposite. Either Dauster is a lot better connected than anyone realizes, or Dauster thinks he's a lot better connected than he actually is

Looking at his twitter feed because I had never heard of him until just now, it looks like he thinks highly of himself.

• Informative
Reactions: aauummm

NodawayRiverClone

May 1, 2018
So in Randy Peterson's eyes Prohm is on his way to Alabama. :rolleyes:

His article is based off speculation from Matt Norlander that Prohm will be a candidate at Alabama. Typical DMR clickbait.

So, RP said this in the DMR: Multiple national reports link the successful Iowa State coach to his alma mater — after Alabama administrators and current coach Avery Johnson negotiate a buyout.

That was based in part on Matt Norlander's CBS article: The move potentially could create big waves in the coaching industry once it's official and other teams' seasons end. Steve Prohm's name will buzz for that Alabama job (he's an alumnus and highly qualified for the gig), even as his Iowa State team plays in the NCAA Tournament. From there, questions about ISU will surface. If Prohm were to leave, well, Fred Hoiberg returning home would make for one heck of a story. (Hoiberg has also reportedly been connected to the Nebraska job.)

It's speculation, but in sports reporting, that's what's news and gets reported. I don't like to see it either, but I don't blame RP for doing his job. He doesn't want to be napping if the next thing that happens is Prohm has interviewed. Now the headline on that DMR article - that seems off!!

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Let me clarify - I don't know if he's 2nd or not, but I think he deserves to be in the top few.

I believe he should be at 3.5mil as base and then incentives like usual. We can't keep being cheap or we'll always just be a stepping stone. We have the money and it takes money to retain good coaches and staff.
With the football cash flowing to the athletic department now thanks to CMC, wouldn't JP be able to up it o the 3.5 million range for CSP?

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Given that we know the guy can recruit and he's done things a clean and NO PAYMENT way, I think he's proven a longer term commitment. Ideally, I'd offer the guy 3.0 mil/year for 5 years with incentives to take it up to 3.5 mil (winning league) and 4.5 mil (final four). Guaranteed raise each year finishing with a winning record and the buyout would also go up to 8-10 mil.

Not financially devastating if we need to terminate, but prevent a large percentage of the annual chatter.

FIFY
Agree! Great recruiting and keeping it clean....sign me up.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
With the football cash flowing to the athletic department now thanks to CMC, wouldn't JP be able to up it o the 3.5 million range for CSP?

Let’s not blow our wad on Prohm yet. In my opinion the guy still needs to prove he is worth spending big money on.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy$

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
The guy is probably under paid. Pay him enough to be the 3rd or 4th highest paid in the Big 12 with some good incentives. Let’s let him with the league a few times and get into the Sweet 16 before getting him closer to Bill Self money.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
200.gif

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cy$
Status
Not open for further replies.