The new club section sucks (my review)

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
You can never get too much of people complaining about others complaining. Pot meet kettle.

Reactions: cyco2000

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
LetsHugItOut_Thumbnail.gif

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
What is JP's email address in case I have something to discuss with him? I won't say what I want to discuss with him on this message board becuase I would rather not get jumped on for being negative - nothin but sunshine and lollipops on this board.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I am sure that the dude knows that this message board isn't going to solve anything.

Why do we talk about the starting quarterback? That isn't going to solve anything.
Why do we talk about what the score of the game will be? That isn't going to solve anything.
Why do we discuss what the OL needs to do to improve? That isn't going to solve anything.

Thank you.

My ego does not need stroked. It's big enough already.

I would like to thank everyone who went way overboard on this post. Telling me basically I was lying because my wife got sick from the roast beef and I just wanted an excuse to go home early. Telling me I am trying to stroke my ego. If I wanted my ego stroked I would have informed you I have suite ticket's also but I like sitting outside and watching the game. That is stroking ones ego.

Also The point of a message board is to share your opinion's on something. It could be a good opinion or a bad opinion. The point is I was giving my opinion on something that I was dissapointed with. Nothing more and nothing less. I had not intent on anything else you people decided I was trying to do. The same people yelling at me for posting this are the same people who try and blast everyone for not giving enough money.

I agree with you but considering the source has a history of negative posts and complaining, I can also see why people are jumping all over him.

I have no history of negative post's. Most my posts are on basketball or making Ironic statements.

I would contact Pollard with your comments. But not "The Club Section Sucks!". Be polite and let him know that you were disappointed with the food and why.

I will.

It is a work in progress, I am sure they are finishing some things up and would like the feed back that would make fans have a enjoyable experience. Contact JP, when I have visited ISU he has always been helpful and wants the fans to be happy. Some of the food selection may fall on a independent concessionare, if that is the case, I'm sure JP will help you contact them. Professionalism and patience always goes a long way, it is the 2nd game in a newly renovated Stadium, I believe they will fix it, if they know about it.

I know it's a work in progress. The only problem is you have people paying a lot of money and don't like a work in progress. You pay a lot, you should get what was paid.

How would you like to go on vacation and pay $500 a night for a 5 star hotel and get told that the hotel is a work in progress. How would your review of that hotel be.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Complaining about people complaining about people. Very nice. :wink:

Am I complaining about a person complaining?? Probably... But it does get old. So if message boards are about complaining, then I came to the right place.

Instead of saying that I"m complaining, I would rather look at this way... I'm defending my school. The school I love and donate back to. Seeing someone bash it, no matter who they are, I will defend her honor and name..:wink:

Also, to the last post...

[email protected]

Thanks ahead of time for not wasting our time with complaining.

Edit: knownothing... I didn't see people say you are lying about your wife getting sick. I think they are questioning the food part. My wife got sick too at the game. We had hamburgers before the game that I cooked. No one else got sick in a group of 10. Was it because of the food??? Probably not. Did she still get sick?? Yes.. How can you pressume it was the food's fault when you have no one else to support your claim.

Last edited:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
Thank you.

My ego does not need stroked. It's big enough already.

I would like to thank everyone who went way overboard on this post. Telling me basically I was lying because my wife got sick from the roast beef and I just wanted an excuse to go home early. Telling me I am trying to stroke my ego. If I wanted my ego stroked I would have informed you I have suite ticket's also but I like sitting outside and watching the game. That is stroking ones ego.

Also The point of a message board is to share your opinion's on something. It could be a good opinion or a bad opinion. The point is I was giving my opinion on something that I was dissapointed with. Nothing more and nothing less. I had not intent on anything else you people decided I was trying to do. The same people yelling at me for posting this are the same people who try and blast everyone for not giving enough money.

I have no history of negative post's. Most my posts are on basketball or making Ironic statements.

I will.

I know it's a work in progress. The only problem is you have people paying a lot of money and don't like a work in progress. You pay a lot, you should get what was paid.

How would you like to go on vacation and pay $500 a night for a 5 star hotel and get told that the hotel is a work in progress. How would your review of that hotel be.

Right now, there are multiple searches going on in his posting history for the "gotcha!" comeback.

Reactions: ISUFan22

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

All I know is that I wouldn't complain about it to a bunch of people who generally can only afford to spend the night in a 2 or 3 star hotel.
You'd probably get similar round of sympathy.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Did I mention we left the game with 10 minutes left in the 4th quarter because the food made my wife sick?

Did everyone else make a mad dash for the club exit as well? Weird that everyone else would have been ok.

As far as the child thing. it is your responsibility to get your kid - not the ushers to keep an eye on her, or let a non-ticketed person into the Club so you don't have to be bothered with monitoring your cell-phone (ever heard of vibrate mode?).

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I was going to tell everyone what I think of the suites but that is a possitive review and I don't want everyone to know how rich and successful I really am. Oh yeah and somebody dinged my Ferrari in the parking lot the other night which is unsually because I park next to gov. Culver. I also dropped $10,000 somewhere but that is unimportant. I also actually left the game at halftime to beat the crowd.
I also showed up after the game had started.

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
I had to much going on during the Thursday night game to attend. So it was my first chance in the club section. First off for the much money it's a joke.

1. The food was horrible. They had Kilbasa's (SP) and they had rock hard dry roast beef. The sides were potato chip's and dip and Pasta salad. So basically you were screwed if you had kids.

2. The employee's were jerks. My brother came over and got my daughter. She is 4. When I informed the door guy that my brother is going to bring my daughter back and drop her off at our seats with me he said he could not allow my brother in to drop her off. No just a little info. My brother is in the suites across the stadium. It's not like he was trying to score some crappy club food.

So basically I had to go out and buy 2 pizza's and some nachos for my family to eat. The club itself is nice in side and the Ice Cream cones in Red and gold were a nice touch. However the rest of it was no good.

I would have been happy with hotdogs and hambergers. Any type of Football tailgating food would have done.

So needless to say. I am not a thrilled contributer. I did however like the game.

I respectfully disagree. I thought the sandwiches and food were great! Plus you can buy beer, which is awesome. The TV's, helmet displays, murals, ice cream, and NICE / empty bathrooms are awesome.

Last edited:

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
All I know is that I wouldn't complain about it to a bunch of people who generally can only afford to spend the night in a 2 or 3 star hotel.

Wow...slamming the whole board with one statement. You heard it hear first:

Message board posters = poor people.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
I was going to tell everyone what I think of the suites but that is a possitive review and I don't want everyone to know how rich and successful I really am. Oh yeah and somebody dinged my Ferrari in the parking lot the other night which is unsually because I park next to gov. Culver. I also dropped $10,000 somewhere but that is unimportant. I also actually left the game at halftime to beat the crowd.

Well, there's your problem right there. you simply had too many other negative events on your mind, and you didn't spend enough time in the Club to get a good impression...:wink:

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

I think you should take out your frustrations next time. Start throwing shrimp at the peasents below...thru your box window...