The new club section sucks (my review)

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I had to much going on during the Thursday night game to attend. So it was my first chance in the club section. First off for the much money it's a joke.

1. The food was horrible. They had Kilbasa's (SP) and they had rock hard dry roast beef. The sides were potato chip's and dip and Pasta salad. So basically you were screwed if you had kids.

2. The employee's were jerks. My brother came over and got my daughter. She is 4. When I informed the door guy that my brother is going to bring my daughter back and drop her off at our seats with me he said he could not allow my brother in to drop her off. No just a little info. My brother is in the suites across the stadium. It's not like he was trying to score some crappy club food.

So basically I had to go out and buy 2 pizza's and some nachos for my family to eat. The club itself is nice in side and the Ice Cream cones in Red and gold were a nice touch. However the rest of it was no good.

I would have been happy with hotdogs and hambergers. Any type of Football tailgating food would have done.

So needless to say. I am not a thrilled contributer. I did however like the game.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
So basically for a huge donation, you get some "free" food? Glad I cannot afford it :)

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I wouldn't expect the club section to cater to children. How many other "kids" were in that section out of curiosity? I would expect it to be minimal at best, but maybe I am wrong?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
You should be glad. I would be happy to pay less and pay for my food. The old club section was better.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I wouldn't expect the club section to cater to children. How many other "kids" were in that section out of curiosity? I would expect it to be minimal at best, but maybe I am wrong?

There are a ton of kids in the club section. The people with the kids next to us had the same review. The better upgrade some crap by the end of the season or Jamie is going to have half the seats filled in the future.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I had to much going on during the Thursday night game to attend. So it was my first chance in the club section. First off for the much money it's a joke.

1. The food was horrible. They had Kilbasa's (SP) and they had rock hard dry roast beef. The sides were potato chip's and dip and Pasta salad. So basically you were screwed if you had kids.

2. The employee's were jerks. My brother came over and got my daughter. She is 4. When I informed the door guy that my brother is going to bring my daughter back and drop her off at our seats with me he said he could not allow my brother in to drop her off. No just a little info. My brother is in the suites across the stadium. It's not like he was trying to score some crappy club food.

So basically I had to go out and buy 2 pizza's and some nachos for my family to eat. The club itself is nice in side and the Ice Cream cones in Red and gold were a nice touch. However the rest of it was no good.

I would have been happy with hotdogs and hambergers. Any type of Football tailgating food would have done.

So needless to say. I am not a thrilled contributer. I did however like the game.

That would suck, but I'm sure that JP or the staff their would love to address this. I'm glad you spend the money to be there, you should have better quality. The only suggestion I would have is to move to the open seats between the 40s, looks like there are plenty... :wink: j/k of course.

acrozier22

Mar 17, 2006
Southeast Iowa
I sat in the JT Club for the Thursday night game. I thought it was a nice experience. Good food (chicken sandwiches and pork loin). Now in comparison, I was invited to the Iowa game last weekend in their suites. The food was not as good (sub sandwiches and nachos, and pizza at halftime) but they had free beer, which was great!

Now the only time I get these opportunities is when I'm invited but if I had the money I would rather sit in the crowd for the game experience. I love that atmosphere. The club is great though for women and kids. You don't have some drunk yelling cuss words around kids and that would be the only way my wife would actually attend a football game.

ISU can improve their club by giving everyone free drinks, soda and beer.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Why are you screwed with kids? looking for Gerber something?

My kids, 6 and 1.75, would have loved that food. Well, the beef could have been better prepared, but the menu is good.

Why couldn't you meet your daughter at the door? It seems like they only let those that are supposed to be in, in.

-keep.

Reactions: ISUFan22

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't see what enjoying the club seats has to do with winning.

Folks going out of their way, quite often in fact, to find something to gripe about. All summer long, people begged for the arrival of football.

Now that it's hear and we've started 2-0 to boot - people still find something to rant about.

It's just a little Hawkish, as some call it.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA

copy/paste to Jamie....you will get better results that way.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA

Send JP a nicely worded e-mail (not the same tone as the thread). I’m sure he will work to make corrections over time. He is all about customer service.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I can understand the food situation, not a good selection at all. Specially for kids.

Now don't get me wrong. I like that you put the money in to get those seats. We need more people like you to do that. I wish I had enough money to do that. So strike me as jealous. I will admit it. Although, don't expect sympathy on it. I would give my left and right nut to be in there.

That said. Is there anything good about our stadium, uniforms, tailgating, football being played?? Sounds like a bunch of problems this year. Maybe we should blow up the stadium, start all over. Make a section for people to stand and a section for non standing people. Try over on the jerseys since a small portion isn't happy. Make tailgating rules like no music, no charcoal, no fun allowed since we should be there for football and nothing more.

I say everyone needs to be kicked off the team. We should start over. All new players since they can't run, or block or anything. Yet we are 2-0 this year compared to 0-2 last year.

With all the new and positive stuff, it is amazing of how "crappy" things are. We never should of spent that money on new club sections. Who needs that???:skeptical:

Sorry for being a jerk... Just amazing what people will complain about. If you sad the food it terrible I could understand and maybe feel sorry for you. But when the title reads "The New Club Section Sucks" well I'm reading it as the whole overall thing is terrible and money not so well spent.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Send JP a nicely worded e-mail (not the same tone as the thread). I’m sure he will work to make corrections over time. He is all about customer service.

+1

And quite the novel concept.

Regarding food though, what happened to the walking tacos? I heard a rumor they would not be back this season and didn't see any for the Thursday night game. Did they have 'em last Saturday?

I might set the stadium on fire and prank call Pollard every night until they're brought back. What an outrage.

/sarcasm

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yes, but how does it compare to a locomotive, which I could also afford?

Neither are as good as a day at Mingles Waters Health Spa.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron