The new club section sucks (my review)

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Hey, nothin' wrong with them Motel 6 folks. They do leave the light on for ya. That ain't cheep.

KN claiming to not have a negative rant-filled post history would be like me saying I rarely visit CF. :biglaugh:

Time to get back to talking ISU football and our impending Super Bowl match-up this weekend, yes?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
I was going to tell everyone what I think of the suites but that is a possitive review and I don't want everyone to know how rich and successful I really am. Oh yeah and somebody dinged my Ferrari in the parking lot the other night which is unsually because I park next to gov. Culver. I also dropped $10,000 somewhere but that is unimportant. I also actually left the game at halftime to beat the crowd.
I also showed up after the game had started.

Sorry about the Ferrari, that's my bad. If you want to PM me your address I will have my assistant send you a check for the repairs.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
If someone is willing to shell out money for one of those suites then the athletic department should go out of their way to make sure there are no complaints.

It is the difference between flying coach and business class. I would expect much higher quality food and beverages if I were paying what 5x for the ticket?

ISU4ME

Aug 26, 2007
Well the good news is there is only one person with a negative impression of the new suites. Needless to say you are not going to make everyone happy.

As for your daughter issue, that is all on you and not on the security person. Once you let one person in as an exception, it opens the flood gates. In my eyes it is no different than someone telling the parking attendants that they need into the paved lots to drop off their brother's duaghter. Next thing you know you have an extra 500 cars parked in spaces they did not pay for.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
This thread has been interesting.

- Everything brought up on this board must be able to accomplish a resolution.
- Being 2-0 means your gameday experience is perfect.
- Make sure to email Jamie Pollard with every single complaint you may have (There are other people that work in the athletic department folks)

And my favorite,
-The original poster was calling attention to himself because no one else most likely has a club seat.

God help us all if we lose this Saturday.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
This thread has been interesting.

And my favorite,
-The original poster was calling attention to himself because no one else most likely has a club seat.

God help us all if we lose this Saturday.

Hummm…you're close, but no, that is not what I was saying (and I don't see that anyone else was indicating that either).

Regardless, I'm with ISUFan22. Let's move on.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Ok but for real, can you put a price on being safe from being pelted with hot dog buns?

I think not.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
What good is it telling "us" about it??

If I complain enough on this site, will I get a raise at work??? I doubt it.

If I complain enough on this site, will I get better treatment at ISU games?? Doubt it.

Go to the source. Talk to JP, or whoever your complaining about. Why tell a bunch of strangers? You come off sounding like a cry baby.

I'm sure things will be better. Like I said earlier, I would give anything to be sitting in those seats.

Jeez, these posts about "well, we don't want to hear about it. Email Pollard" are ridiculous. I'm interested in hearing about it, and I'm sure others are, too. It doesn't do any good to post about politics, either, but people do. It's something to discuss. If you're not interested in hearing about it, don't read the post.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I had to much going on during the Thursday night game to attend. So it was my first chance in the club section. First off for the much money it's a joke.

1. The food was horrible. They had Kilbasa's (SP) and they had rock hard dry roast beef. The sides were potato chip's and dip and Pasta salad. So basically you were screwed if you had kids.

2. The employee's were jerks. My brother came over and got my daughter. She is 4. When I informed the door guy that my brother is going to bring my daughter back and drop her off at our seats with me he said he could not allow my brother in to drop her off. No just a little info. My brother is in the suites across the stadium. It's not like he was trying to score some crappy club food.

So basically I had to go out and buy 2 pizza's and some nachos for my family to eat. The club itself is nice in side and the Ice Cream cones in Red and gold were a nice touch. However the rest of it was no good.

I would have been happy with hotdogs and hambergers. Any type of Football tailgating food would have done.

So needless to say. I am not a thrilled contributer. I did however like the game.

Personally I think it is pretty nice. The heat in the winter will be nice too. Basically, I don't think the club section is for children and likely wasn't intended to be, hence the non child friendly food. I hope you have a better time next time.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Personally I think it is pretty nice. The heat in the winter will be nice too. Basically, I don't think the club section is for children and likely wasn't intended to be, hence the non child friendly food. I hope you have a better time next time.

again, what wasn't child friendly in what was served? The Roast Beef? Kielbasa (a very, very mild sausage) potato chips and pasta salad?

-keep.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
I'll admit that as a kid I thought Pasta salad was my parents way of punishing my bad behavior.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Let's be honest here.

How many does the club section seat? Something like 530 or so? Given that very small number and the fact that the odds of another club section member (or potential member) actually spends time in these forums, makes posting to this forum look like a call for attention to oneself.

IMO, it makes little or no sense to complain here unless your sole reason is to stroke your ego as you make sure everyone here knows you are in the club section.
The poster may have legitimate complaints, but they should be shared with the appropriate audience. Anything else is just grandstanding.

At the same time, one would expect better food at an ag school in Iowa - bbque pork sandwiches, angus burgers, ice cream, and bacon cheeseburger pizza. C'mon, food should be better than minimal. This is the center of beef and pork. Go too cheap and it does lessen the product. I expect it will get better. Looks like CyPork is also sold only on east side now.
West side needs bbque also...

Captain says Make it So.

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
again, what wasn't child friendly in what was served? The Roast Beef? Kielbasa (a very, very mild sausage) potato chips and pasta salad?

I did not expect mac and cheese but when I was small I hated that stuff. My kids hate it now.
They like roast beef when it's prepared well. Not Roast Beef Jerky.
Kielbasa is Nasty. How many people do you know tailgate with Kielbasa?
If it's so good more people would be cooking it out. I am not asking for great food. Just food that everyone can enjoy.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I did not expect mac and cheese but when I was small I hated that stuff. My kids hate it now.
They like roast beef when it's prepared well. Not Roast Beef Jerky.
Kielbasa is Nasty. How many people do you know tailgate with Kielbasa?
If it's so good more people would be cooking it out. I am not asking for great food. Just food that everyone can enjoy.

fair enough about the "jerky" part of the roast beef.. but otherwise that is a kid friendly menu item, right? Chips/Dip and salad.. that seems decent.

Keilbasa was at my tailgate Saturday and will be there again as it was in years past. Peppers, Onions, Keilbasa.. all sitting together nicely on my flattop! besides, its really a healthier version of a brat... so lots tailgate with it.

-keep

ArathornClone

Oct 10, 2006
Well boo freakin hoo. It's like listening to somebody that rode in 1st class on a plane complain that the pillow wasn't soft enough. I sat scrunched between 2 people with my hands across my lap just to fit in between. Oh and if I wanted food I would have had to go stand in line for 30 minutes.

Glad you are donating the money. Take pride and satisfaction that you are helping this program to new heights (God willing.) As far as the complaining goes - it's not very becoming.

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
I've got a wonderful idea: Let's keep arguing over whether or not it's worthwhile to complain on a message board. I can't believe I actually read all 7 pages of this crap.

How about this? In the time it took to respond to all these different posts, how many emails could you have sent to every single athletic dept. address you could find? Want to make a difference, do it in numbers. Maybe you'll come across as a tool, but you seem to have done the same here (to some people), and we don't control the caterers. Choose your battles.

Not that it's relevant, but as anyone knows, there will be people who will always complain, regardless of the value of the issue, just as there are people who will say "no worries," adapt, and move on with their life. That's diversity, man. Now who wants a hug? :wink:

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron