*** Official IOWA STATE Vs West Virginia Gameday Thread ***

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I would like if the announcer would stop saying short bench and state the facts - ISU is down 3 starters.

Yeah, we've had a short bench all year with all of the injuries. Being down 3 starters is a whole other ball game.

• Agree
Reactions: othercy and wing59

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
Can someone with a higher basketball IQ tell me why Lard never touched the ball in the first half? Was WVU trying hard to deny it to him, or do we not know how to feed him? Looked to me like Wigginton and Lewis were trying to do too much off the dribble. I'm getting frustrated in our lack of passing.
We have no offensive coach.

• Disagree
Reactions: SerenityNow

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It's a discussion of the current game. It wasn't a firing manifesto.
Tone down the defensiveness.

And I still contend there's no reason to bring it up tonight. Some people act like we should win a game on the road against a ranked team down 3 starters. I'm going to call people out on that ****.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
And I still contend there's no reason to bring it up tonight. Some people act like we should win a game on the road against a ranked team down 3 starters. I'm going to call people out on that ****.

You should practice your reading. No one's calling for a win.
Some of us think you can have plays to run in order to score instead of standing around. That's using the game time productively instead of just riding out the minutes.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You should practice your reading. No one's calling for a win.
Some of us think you can have plays to run in order to score instead of standing around. That's using the game time productively instead of just riding out the minutes.

And again, when you have players playing outside of their roles against good team, that good team has a way of making sure you can't run the plays.

I think the only thing you can judge on this game is if Iowa State has given up. I don't think th

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
And again, when you have players playing outside of their roles against good team, that good team has a way of making sure you can't run the plays.

I think the only thing you can judge on this game is if Iowa State has given up. I don't think th

Did a single person say they gave up?
If everyone stands still, it's not a matter of an opponent taking everything away. It's just a bad offensive plan, which is something that Prohm desperately needs to fix in his own efforts to improve.