Oh Pizza Hut

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Anyone else get one of these emails? I've now received two.

Sorry we got there too early. Let us make it up to you with a FREE Large Pizza.

You then log in and realize you have to spend at least $10 for deliveries.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pizza Hut pizza is gross. It's so greasy.
We used to always say that with Domino's pizza you were better off throwing away the pizza and eating the box. The wife has had Domino's at work a few times and she says it isn't any better despite what their ads are trying to tell everyone.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
We used to always say that with Domino's pizza you were better off throwing away the pizza and eating the box. The wife has had Domino's at work a few times and she says it isn't any better despite what their ads are trying to tell everyone.

I think Domino's is better than PH by a long way, but it's just "basic" pizza. The local Mom and Pop pizza places generally rule all.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Yesterday, you trusted us with your order and we let you down. We messed up and we owe you an apology.

Let us make it up to you. As a token of our commitment to earn back your trust, please enjoy a free Large Pizza. Click below to redeem your free item by 11/26/2017.

If you decide to add this item to a delivery, make sure that your order meets the minimum purchase requirement.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Really? I feel like Domino's has advanced light years ahead of where it was. I worked at one when I was 18 (and hated it). They were only "good" after the pizza had time to sit and congeal. Today, I won't say they aren't greasy, but nowhere near as bad as Pizza Hut. Their crust has improved greatly over what it used to be, also.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017

I would agree with this even though it was a vital part of college (I mean 3 medium 1 toppings for $9.99 in 30 minutes or less), but their philly cheese steak pizza is amazing.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I think Domino's is better than PH by a long way, but it's just "basic" pizza. The local Mom and Pop pizza places generally rule all.
I had a buddy who worked at a Domino's in college and true or not he told me that they had their ovens set at over 700 degrees. A frozen crust pizza flash baked in a 700 degree oven doesn't seem to me the way to make a quality food product. I guess I was spoiled at Happy Joe's with all natural ingredients and dough that was handmade daily.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Yesterday, you trusted us with your order and we let you down. We messed up and we owe you an apology.

Let us make it up to you. As a token of our commitment to earn back your trust, please enjoy a free Large Pizza. Click below to redeem your free item by 11/26/2017.

If you decide to add this item to a delivery, make sure that your order meets the minimum purchase requirement.

We look forward to serving you again soon.

Sincerely,

And? I don't understand what your gripe is.

• Agree
Reactions: Ryan4069

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I had a buddy who worked at a Domino's in college and true or not he told me that they had their ovens set at over 700 degrees. A frozen crust pizza flash baked in a 700 degree oven doesn't seem to me the way to make a quality food product. I guess I was spoiled at Happy Joe's with all natural ingredients and dough that was handmade daily.

That oven temp is actually pretty good for pizza. Even a little on the low side. The frozen crust is the crappy part. A hot, hot oven is a good thing, though.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I used to not be able to eat Domino's or Little Caesar's because they were so bad. Domino's is "good" now, we always get the two topping mediums for $5.99 each and that is pretty good value. Chicken bacon white sauce and a pepperoni and sausage. I usually eat about half a medium so for $3 to be full it's well worth it. I can't eat Pizza Hut anymore because of the grease. Little Caesar's I stick to the crazy bread only.