Oh Pizza Hut

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I loved Minsky's when I was in Ames and Rocky's Pizza in Iowa Falls when I was in high school.

Althetuna

Ducky was the best dog.
SuperFanatic
Jul 7, 2012
Somewhere in the Minneapolis Area
There was a Little Caesar's on the East Side of Des Moines in the mid 1990's. It was great. We moved and didn't have it again for 15 years. Now it's like cardboard. No taste at all.

My vote Scornovacca's on the East Side.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Jeff’s pizza with some smotherella sticks was the go to in school.

I do Pizza Hut buffet every once in awhile for lunch. It’s actually pretty decent and is under 7 bucks with a water.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
This.

You could literally create a coupon on the fly when you ordered, and they didn't even bat an eye.

"HomeTeam Pizza, what can I get you?"
"Yeah, I've got a coupon for 3 single topping pizzas for $5"
"Each?"
"No, total."
"Ok, what else?"
"And also I get breadsticks for a dollar."
"It says that on the coupon?"
"Yeah"
"Ok, anything else?"
"Yeah, in the fine print it says that I get a free two liter of soda if you can't tell me the capital of Turkmenistan."
"Ummm... Balkanabat?"
"No, I'm sorry it's Ashgabat. Sierra Mist, please."
"Ok, well your total is 6 dollars. Make sure to give the coupon to the delivery driver."
"Aww, dang! It's an online coupon, and I don't have a printer!"
"Ok, don't worry about it. It should be there in 30 minutes."

-barely an exaggeration.

The most impressive thing about this made-up example was that the employee did know of a city in Turkmenistan, just not the right one!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Not sure about all he Dominoes but he one near me remodeled, like their commercials show, and it’s way better than Pizza Hut.
It’s bright, clean, I can see the counter and what they are doing.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
The most impressive thing about this made-up example was that the employee did know of a city in Turkmenistan, just not the right one!
Home Team didn't employ no dullards.

• Funny
Reactions: khardbored

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Am I the only one who really like the Pizza hut Thick crust? Perfect texture and taste.

I find the buffet pizza is meh, but the actually order/carry out is not bad. It seems that since they've joined the bargain price pizza war their ingredients/toppings are a bit sparse.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Anyone else get one of these emails? I've now received two.

Sorry we got there too early. Let us make it up to you with a FREE Large Pizza.

You then log in and realize you have to spend at least $10 for deliveries.
Pizza hut sucks

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Am I the only one who really like the Pizza hut Thick crust? Perfect texture and taste.

I find the buffet pizza is meh, but the actually order/carry out is not bad. It seems that since they've joined the bargain price pizza war their ingredients/toppings are a bit sparse.

Interesting you mention this, because when I was younger Pizza Hut was not the lowest pizza. I would have described it as higher end fast pizza. Now not so much.

Home Team was the best. So cheap and I loved the sausage dispersed all over the pizza. Remember when Home Team allowed you to graffiti all over the place? It was dark and nasty in there. Then they had it cleaned up.

Jeff's is very good. It opened after I was out of school (I think), but it is a solid slice.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Interesting you mention this, because when I was younger Pizza Hut was not the lowest pizza. I would have described it as higher end fast pizza. Now not so much.

Home Team was the best. So cheap and I loved the sausage dispersed all over the pizza. Remember when Home Team allowed you to graffiti all over the place? It was dark and nasty in there. Then they had it cleaned up.

Jeff's is very good. It opened after I was out of school (I think), but it is a solid slice.

Never heard of Home Team

Help Support Us

Become a patron