Friday OT #3 - Video Killed The Radio Star

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Thanks to @Farnsworth for this one! I think it'll be popular:

What songs, when you hear them, immediately make you think of the video?

My immediate, gut reaction is "Thriller," as I think a lot of people's will be. But another one for me is "Black Hole Sun" with the creepy melting faces and surreal coloring.

OMG, Angie, you had to send me down a pop-music rabbit-hole prior to noon on Friday? ;)

• Funny
Reactions: Angie and jcyclonee

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Not sure if somebody else already hit on these two yet, but these are the two that immediately take me back to the start of MTV, along with Run DMC. But others, like MC Hammer, Whodini, and all of the Yo' MTV Raps come to mind too.

Last edited:

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Toto - Africa
Metallica - One. The clips from Johnny got his Gun still kind of freak me out.
Tupac and Dr. Dre - California Love
Jamiroquai (sp?) - Virtual Insanity

Reactions: Angie

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Not sure if somebody else already hit on these two yet, but these are the two that immediately take me back to the start of MTV, along with Run DMC. But others, like MC Hammer, Whodini, and all of the Yo' MTV Raps come to mind too.

Oh, nice choice. My favorite Springsteen video is Glory Days. It's the band playing in some crappy little club, and there's a part where Max Weinberg flips one of his drumsticks in the air and catches it in between beats. To this day, whenever I hear that song I find myself pantomiming that move. It's funny how little stuff just kind of sticks with you.

Reactions: TXCyclones

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Toto - Africa
Metallica - One. The clips from Johnny got his Gun still kind of freak me out.
Tupac and Dr. Dre - California Love
Jamiroquai (sp?) - Virtual Insanity

This video was pretty powerful, but it made me read the book.

Great Jamiroquai mention. I'll add Ok Go's "Here It Goes Again" to keep with a similarish theme.

Reactions: Angie and jbindm