Beverly: I will commit to ISU

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Yeah I am not sure why this is not a done deal yet. I mean who else at this point is better than Beverly that would use a scholarship?

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
Like most of you, I am refreshing CF pretty frequently this morning - hoping to see that Beverly is in the fold. I like his attitude and think he will have an impact on next year's team.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Apparently there is something not to like or prohm would have already offered a guy basically begging to come here.

Coach Prohm doesn't seem like the pushy type or the snap decision type (or the say-anything-to-land-the-recruit type). That might hurt him in some scenarios, but I like his approach, and I think it works. I'm sure he wants to go through the same motions that he would with any desired recruit to make sure the fit is right for both us and him.[/QUOTE]

I think Prohm learned a few things from the recruitment of Holden and Bowie last year that he wants to use in the recruitment of transfers this year.

• Agree
Reactions: EarthIsMan

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
[QUOTE="EarthIsMan, post: 5682023, member: 32094]Hell, Beverley even wants to play at ISU. What's not to like?

p.s. That last question is a serious question to those who find little positive about the current state of ISU MBB recruiting....I would really like to hear from you.

Apparently there is something not to like or prohm would have already offered a guy basically begging to come here.[/QUOTE]

Steve is waiting to see how tall Beverley is without shoes on.

EarthIsMan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 23, 2014
Earth
anyone know whats up? its been a while since there was an update on this situation.
Apparently there is something not to like or prohm would have already offered a guy basically begging to come here.

Sounds like his flight was delayed (arrived in Ames Wednesday evening) and today will probably be if the offer and/or commitment comes.

Also, Prohm has made it clear that he generally wants players to make a campus visit before any commitments. That was the case with Beverly at least. Seems like a fair and sound recruiting approach for both sides involved.

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
I know I'll get destroyed by this comparison, but does anyone think Beverly could be a slightly shorter Pemsl type player?

I still think he compares a lot to Bowie from last year, but watching his highlights he also reminds me a bit of Pemsl.

Funny, I thought the same thing yesterday.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I thought CW and RP mentioned he already had on offer on the radio show?

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006

Steve is waiting to see how tall Beverley is without shoes on.

Hate it when someone messes with the "Quote" feature and we get those messed up posts.

• Agree
Reactions: GTO

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Good luck! You're on the clock. Those are tense times.
latest-nervous-gif-466.gif

Reactions: Cyke