Beverly: I will commit to ISU

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014
Sounds like his flight was delayed, so he won't get in to Ames until later tonight. Don't know how that affects the schedule of his visit.

• Creative
Reactions: jim4

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012

The Big 12 championship game last year. Notice the big plays that Jackson and Weiler-Babb were making during our comeback in the early part of the first half.

Nick makes three huge plays in a row -- that run was his. Pretty sweet hookup that he and Jackson had going there. Jackson will unleash hell on people if NWB/Wiggi drive and kick like that. And all that with Monté on the bench as the biggest cheerleader on the team.

View attachment 47671

Points per minute...

MM = 0.45
DB = 0.47
NML = 0.25 (not his best night, obviously)
MT = 0.40
SY = 0.20

DB = 0.71
NWB = 0.38
DJ = 0.60

If they (Nick and Donovan) can keep up similar efficiency/productivity over longer periods, we will be fine. I would imagine Wiggi will be right there from the start.

Man, was that dang fun to watch those highlights again.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I know I'll get destroyed by this comparison, but does anyone think Beverly could be a slightly shorter Pemsl type player?

I still think he compares a lot to Bowie from last year, but watching his highlights he also reminds me a bit of Pemsl.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
I know I'll get destroyed by this comparison, but does anyone think Beverly could be a slightly shorter Pemsl type player?

I still think he compares a lot to Bowie from last year, but watching his highlights he also reminds me a bit of Pemsl.

I think it's a stretch, but they share some limitations from what I've seen. Pemal is bigger

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I think it's a stretch, but they share some limitations from what I've seen. Pemal is bigger

Yeah, I know Pemsl is a bit bigger, but they do both have the same limitations as you say. Both creative around the hoop, can rebound, can't shoot from the outside, and not very athletic.

str8cashhomie

Jun 15, 2014

Think like Kris Jenkins from Villanova, obviously with a little lower 3% (Jenkins shot about 35%). Neither are super athletic, but sorta that tweener combo forward style try-hard guy that contributes by being in the right place. If you watch clips of them side by side, they're games look really similar. Not saying in terms of production, but style of play.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
His shot looks pretty solid, I really believe the percentage is going to clime as he becomes a compliment rather than the focus.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
[QUOTE="EarthIsMan, post: 5682023, member: 32094]Hell, Beverley even wants to play at ISU. What's not to like?

p.s. That last question is a serious question to those who find little positive about the current state of ISU MBB recruiting....I would really like to hear from you.[/QUOTE]

Apparently there is something not to like or prohm would have already offered a guy basically begging to come here.

Reactions: Knownothing

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
[QUOTE="EarthIsMan, post: 5682023, member: 32094]Hell, Beverley even wants to play at ISU. What's not to like?

p.s. That last question is a serious question to those who find little positive about the current state of ISU MBB recruiting....I would really like to hear from you.

Apparently there is something not to like or prohm would have already offered a guy basically begging to come here.[/QUOTE]

Coach Prohm doesn't seem like the pushy type or the snap decision type (or the say-anything-to-land-the-recruit type). That might hurt him in some scenarios, but I like his approach, and I think it works. I'm sure he wants to go through the same motions that he would with any desired recruit to make sure the fit is right for both us and him.

• Agree
Reactions: MartinCy