NBA: Georges Niang Drafted by Indiana Pacers

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Glad this was their morning crew, also happy Georges quit celebrating long enough to see Dule's name cross the screen and celebrate again. I think it was Hines' twitter that said that Naz was out east with Georges. Must have been quite a party when they heard his name.

from the picture I saw, it looked like Matt was there too.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
I was one who didn't think he'd get a shot. I wasn't overly vocal about it, but, and I think I feel the way a lot of "doubters" did, it wasn't Georges ability we doubted, it's the NBA's history of looking at youth and "potential" as opposed to actually taking someone who proved they can play basketball.

I never thought Georges couldn't play in the NBA, in fact, it's quite the opposite, I just figured the powers that be in the NBA would rather pick some 1 and done bench player with potential as opposed to picking a guy who kind of breaks the mold of the typical NBA draft pick now a days.

Congrats Georges, I can't be more thrilled you are getting your shot.

I guess the only bad thing is this mean my daughter will make me take her to a Bulls game when the Pacers are in town.

Im ready to put this on my calendar as soon as schedules are released.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I believe that was his high school number (hence his Twitter handle) so I don't think it would be too big of a deal. If he had no prior connection, I'd feel the same way as you.

What he said.

George%20N.jpg

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
45 to rep the great but not very athletic Rik The Dunkin Dutchman Smits.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Go check out the comments on the Pacers Facebook posts about Georges. Overall it looks like most Pacers fans really like the pick.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Post draft press conference from Pacer GM Kevin Pritchard:

[video=youtube;e7SpfT5XXXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SpfT5XXXU[/video]

BostonPrep

Mar 12, 2011
Jeff Teague took 3 so Georges will be number 32.

This is Georges' uncle Ed glad your son enjoyed the camp.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Anybody have a link to the awful (and funny) rookie Indiana Pacers video that Hoiberg was in? Niang would be great in something like that!

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Hilton is unlikely but Bulls-Pacers preseason game at the Well would be awesome.

I agree that's where it likely would go but NBA preseason games happen all the time at college arenas. Hilton has hosted a few in the past. Would be cool to see Niang get 1 more game in that building.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Post draft press conference from Pacer GM Kevin Pritchard:

[video=youtube;e7SpfT5XXXU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7SpfT5XXXU[/video]

Sounds like Georges has now become "Georgie" in Indiana.