The #Pacers’ Georges Niang on people questioning his lack of athleticism:
CmD3tRHWIAAHd5Z.jpg:large

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Also, now on a first name basis with "Larry." :smile:

Should we create a drinking game for every time Georges says "high basketball IQ?" Seems like it is in every interview now. :smile:

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
Look for Niang to get his contract in the next week or two. The Pacers signed their 2nd round pick (Joe Young out of Oregon 43rd overall) last year on July 13th to a 4 year deal with the first two years guaranteed (slightly above the rookie min). Joe did lead the Orlando Summer league in PPG but the way Niang has played I could see the Pacers giving him a similar deal. Good for both parties, security for Niang and a bargain for the Pacers if Niang pans out.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Three questions:

All clips were from last year's Iowa game - did the author only have rights to ONE game?

T-Rex arms - did he somehow confuse Georges with Woodbury?

Rolly-Polly - I thought at first he was making a play off of pick & ROLL because of his poor spelling, but no...he just doesn't know how to spell roly-poly. So did he miss the memo that Georges lost the baby fat & tightened up his body? No, he's not a reed, but roly-poly is sooooooooo two years ago...

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Three questions:

All clips were from last year's Iowa game - did the author only have rights to ONE game?

Rolly-Polly - I thought at first he was making a play off of pick & ROLL because of his poor spelling, but no...he just doesn't know how to spell roly-poly. So did he miss the memo that Georges lost the baby fat & tightened up his body? No, he's not a reed, but roly-poly is sooooooooo two years ago...
I agree with the T-Rex arms comment, I was a bit surprised by that. He may not have crazy wingspans like Abdel, but he doesn't have tiny arms haha. As for the Roly-Poly comment, as Georges may not be a roly-poly any more he will never be seen as a physical specimine, or built-dude. It is just the way his body is, he will always have the "unathletic" tag hovering over his head.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Three questions:

Even with his improved physique, Niang isn't exactly a physical specimen, especially when compared with most NBA players.

I thought this was a good breakdown. I especially enjoyed his notice of Niang's rotations on D. As my girlfriend can attest to, I've been loudly touting this part of his game.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He's comparing it to the wingspans of NBA frontcourt players, not other 6'8" players.

I understand that but just think it's odd that he gets knocked for his wingspan but a player like Uthoff is 6'9 with a 6'11 wingspan and everyone talks about his great length all season long.