*** ASST. COACH SEARCH THREAD: Wed, June 10th ***

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
I'm not sure where you heard that but it isn't true. Micah has been in town running camps and his family is still in Ankeny. And if he was looking for jobs a month ago, I can't say I blame the guy for having a backup plan. I do know that he loves it here and wants to stay if possible.
Thats great to hear, one of my buddies met him at a bar after the Big 12 tournament championship and he just stopped and talked basketball with him for like 30 minutes. Seems like an awesome guy to represent ISU.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Has anyone else heard the Interview with Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg with Bill Self and Steve Prohm? I thought it was a great interview for CSP, he talks about bringing on Small and how he is a great recruiter of the southeastern states. He stated that Small was the one who recruited Cameron Payne and others. Also, which to me was a very big plus for the team in general and for me as a fan was he was adament about bringing on an Assistant that can truly recruit with the best in the Midwest. When listenting to him talk everything that he was saying pointed directly to the Assistant that Otz is. I may be overstepping here but the interview gave me some hope that he is trying hard to keep otz on his staff.

Here is the link to the interview: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13083621 (Prohm section starts at 21 minutes)

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Pretty sure Charlie is in Chicago. Dustin put up of pic with him, Charlie, and Fred on Instagram.

ProhmTime

Jun 11, 2015
Pretty sure Charlie is in Chicago. Dustin put up of pic with him, Charlie, and Fred on Instagram.
That's no suprise. CW said that Charlie was almost a lock to go with Fred to the Bulls. But if Micah went also went to Chicago, that would be disappointing. I think it's in our best interest to keep Micah. (As if anyone cares what I think)

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
attachment.php

Charlie, Fred, and Hogue.

Attachments

• IMG_4550.PNG
    IMG_4550.PNG
    959.5 KB · Views: 1,184

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames
That's no suprise. CW said that Charlie was almost a lock to go with Fred to the Bulls. But if Micah went also went to Chicago, that would be disappointing. I think it's in our best interest to keep Micah. (As if anyone cares what I think)

Count me as one that hopes Micah stays!

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Has anyone else heard the Interview with Andy Katz and Seth Greenberg with Bill Self and Steve Prohm? I thought it was a great interview for CSP, he talks about bringing on Small and how he is a great recruiter of the southeastern states. He stated that Small was the one who recruited Cameron Payne and others. Also, which to me was a very big plus for the team in general and for me as a fan was he was adament about bringing on an Assistant that can truly recruit with the best in the Midwest. When listenting to him talk everything that he was saying pointed directly to the Assistant that Otz is. I may be overstepping here but the interview gave me some hope that he is trying hard to keep otz on his staff.

Here is the link to the interview: http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=13083621 (Prohm section starts at 21 minutes)

That was my take away as well, Prohm mentioned bringing on Small and his ties to the south are pretty well set. Now he needs to fill out the staff with coaches with MW ties specifically to recruit Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and JUCO players. My first thought was those areas would be covered quite nicely by both Otz and Chew if they are able work out the details. It was a good listen and sounds like he definitely has his staff pretty well lined up and I'd expect an announcement in the next couple of days. Then onto the summer recruiting grind.

Last edited:

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@AlexHalsted: Prohm said him and William Small have the southern ties so he's looking for a Midwest guy and someone who can cover JUCO areas.

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Awesome, great picture! Still doesn't change the fact that Charlie has basically been gone as soon as Fred signed the deal with the Balls! The real question is what's going on with Micah?

Isn't Charlie still under contract with ISU? Therefore, shouldn't he be working on ISU related business? If he isn't, then we shouldn't be paying him.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
That was my take away as well, Prohm mentioned bringing on Small and his ties to the south are pretty well set. Now he needs to fill out the staff with coaches with MW ties specifically to recruit Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Missouri and JUCO players. My first thought was those areas would be covered quite nicely by both Otz and Chew if they are able work out the details. It was a good listen and sounds like he definitely has his staff pretty well lined up and I'd expect an announcement in the next couple of days. Then onto the summer recruiting grind.

I agree, hopefully we can get this finalized, and I'd love to see Otz as part of that. Hopefully he will like Prohm and want to stay on staff for the coming years as well. Need to get this done soon, so we can worry about Recruiting.

HoibergIsMyHero

Mar 15, 2014
Better email JP and let him know.

Yep, I think that's exactly what I'll do. Do you not think it's dumb? Every other team in America right now has their assistants working on improving their program. One of ours is currently in Chicago working for the Bulls.

jim4

Sep 27, 2014
Yep, I think that's exactly what I'll do. Do you not think it's dumb? Every other team in America right now has their assistants working on improving their program. One of ours is currently in Chicago working for the Bulls.

Truth is though that we don't really know A) whether or not he is performing work duties for ISU (though I agree it is very unlikely) and B) what the culture of the industry dictates they due in this situation. Therefore I can't really care too much about it.

Edit: Also, his contract probably says what he should be doing and how compensation works in this situation.

Last edited:

DhaCheann

Mar 31, 2012
Denver, CO
I agree, hopefully we can get this finalized, and I'd love to see Otz as part of that. Hopefully he will like Prohm and want to stay on staff for the coming years as well. Need to get this done soon, so we can worry about Recruiting.

He gone! Hope he enjoys Mill Ave.