Make an ISU Engineer mad? This happens...

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I am going out on a limb here, but I am guessing there is no Mrs. Munroe.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Is it still true that as long as the item has the bank information, account number, and routing number on it, its considered valid. I think you can pretty much make a check out of anything. I would love to create my own out of something odd.

TykeClone

Burgermeister!
Oct 18, 2006
Is it still true that as long as the item has the bank information, account number, and routing number on it, its considered valid. I think you can pretty much make a check out of anything. I would love to create my own out of something odd.

It kind of has to be of a "standard" size and the line at the bottom must be of MICR ink.

I wonder what OCR would read this check as (my guess is he would have been debited more than the $530 or so dollars that it was for).

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I am going out on a limb here, but I am guessing there is no Mrs. Munroe.

I agree. Most likely a fraud.

The best check I ever saw was from a policyholder for a company I used to work for. He had a VUL (variable universal life:wideeyed:) policy with us and it lapsed - again.

He was more than a little upset. On the due date of when his premium was due in order to catch up his policy, we received a check from him for the correct amount.

In the memo of the check, was a very, very well done drawing of a hand giving the bird. I mean, it was perfect. Very small, of course, to fit in the memo of the check. But excellently detailed.

Clearly a lot of thought and time went into that. I'm not sure how many times he practiced it. I do not believe he was an artist, as his occupation was an accountant. And no, it wasn't a stamp.

I used to have a copy of it, had all the personal info blacked out. Lost it in one of my moves, sadly.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Wow. Follow the links or do a search for Verizonmath and listen to the taped phone conversations that the guy (not this check guy - different guy) has with the phone goob's at Verizon. Over and over and over they quote a price ($0.002) as "point zero zero two cents."

Wasn't there a post recently about our education system going down the tubes? :)