Chris Williams making excuses left and right

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
Everone is is feeling a little testy today. Let's all just try to remain civil because things won't seem as bad after a little time has passed. We've all been here before, let's try and act like it. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

Where did I treat anyone badly? Are going to call out Chris for the way he responded to a question from a kid? He and Jack are being very snarky in the reaction show. And I fully admit I would be worse.

AdamJGray

Administrator
Mar 9, 2011
This thread is the equivilant of having a ****** day at work and coming home and taking it out on someone who had nothing to do with it, your family.

We got whooped. Some people will *****, some people will cry, and some people will try and think of some positives. Just let people deal with it their own way and not call each other out for stupid crap like this

Last edited:
Reactions: ISC

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
In his defense, he isn't a journalist. He runs a team-centered website. The journalists are those who work for supposedly-neutral news outlets.
Really? I might be ignorant but I considered him a journalist. Do you consider yourself a journalist, Chris? Serious question I'm asking because I do.

AMarner32

Jul 11, 2013
Watched the game, didn't listen to call in show. But my 2 cents isu had the game plan in place to roll ndsu, then QB gets hurt, then cotton gets thrown out, then farniok goes out.

If those things don't happen, isu wins by 20+, but they did and isu folded like a cheap folding chair and the lack of talent came through.

I can't take this seriously. We don't win by 20+. Not gonna happen. Farniok should not have been THAT important. We did not give up 500 yards & 7.1 YPC because of Farniok. Unless you are saying we score 54 points with Farniok...

With Bundrage, well, yeah he's good. Lazard, his replacement, had a 47 yard catch. We only throw screen passes, so unless you have some reason to believe Bundrage would have broken at least 3 tackles every play, I disagree with you.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Where did I treat anyone badly? Are going to call out Chris for the way he responded to a question from a kid? He and Jack are being very snarky in the reaction show. And I fully admit I would be worse.

I actually LOL'd at his, "Did your dad tell you to ask that?"

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
In his defense, he isn't a journalist. He runs a team-centered website. The journalists are those who work for supposedly-neutral news outlets.

Agree and i don't think CW would ever claim to be a "real journalist" (whatever that actually means anymore). He runs a site that is FREE and is based on page clicks and that really only happens when the team is either good or the fan base has hope.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
This is an excuse.

No it's the truth, we had a plan that was working and then some bad things happened. Then isu's lack of depth came through (recruiting issues) and isu got blasted.

When we were up 14-0, everyone was feeling good. Then 3 bad things happen and it's over for this team.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Isufan22 gave me and so many others so much crap last year for questioning Rhoads and the direction of the program. I guess he finally sees the truth.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
No it's the truth, we had a plan that was working and then some bad things happened. Then isu's lack of depth came through (recruiting issues) and isu got blasted.

When we were up 14-0, everyone was feeling good. Then 3 bad things happen and it's over for this team.

We've certainly never seen an opposing coach out-adjust CPR.

It's never happened before.

temperflare

Jul 9, 2007
Bondurant
This thread is the equivilant of having a ****** day at work and coming home and taking it out on someone who had nothing to do with it, your family.

We got whooped. Some people will *****, some people will cry, and some people will try and thing of some positives. Just let people deal with it their own way and not call each other out for stupid crap like this

Boom! Well said.

Does anyone here expect Chris and/or his staff to rag on the coaches and the players? I think we all saw what happened today. It is inexcusable.

As Brent said, analysis is not the same as making excuses. I'm also betting CW and staff have complained and are equally ****** about the outcome. But isn't their job to be whiny *******. We handle that fairly well. Everyone needs to vent and that's fine.

Let's just remember, as Mr Gray suggests, we are all on the same team and we all want to see this team win.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
People just need to realize that CW is a homer. He gets paid to be. If the Clones stink and nobody cares about them anymore, then CW would be out of a job.

So you really can't blame him for puckering up this pig of a program right now. It's in his best interest. And if he starts ripping on ISU football, then he risks losing his access possibly.

So you can't really blame him. Just beware when you read articles describing how improved this team is and why you should get all excited that it could be a bit misleading, that's all.

CW, along with Rhoads himself and other coaches, have said all summer and all week long that we will know what we need to know about this team by 3 pm today. Well, the team has spoken, and it's just more of the same crap.

Hard for me to put any positive spin on what happened today. I don't see anything positive that can be built on from that mess. I mean, where do you even start? Nobody looked good except for the punter.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Please stop with the personal attacks.
8491c398f13707437cbb08acc49aa4c08e60282674955af34cacf7edc689dc7e.jpg

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards

"While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness,accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public."

I'm not saying that Chris is unethical. I'm saying your point is BS. The idea that a journalist has a "product to sell" is disgusting and I would hope, as a journalist, Chris

CW is not a journalist. This ain't a presser for going to war in Iraq on cnn. It's a business, period.