Chris Williams making excuses left and right

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Watching your friends win and doing it yourself is a different story.

Winning programs with good coaches reload all of the time. It's not like the players playing for NDSU were new to the team this year and didn't practice or learn anything from previous players. NDSU is fundamentally sound and that will continue to allow them to beat teams like us.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Worry about yourself.

Everyone knows that there's not a D-1 team in the country that can run a successful screen pass with their 2nd string center.

They don't even have the 2's try it in practice because they know it can't be done.

It was an excuse. He's making excuses while pretending not to make excuses.

Screen plays will be less successful when you dont have a solid line. Farniok being out hurts the line. Thats not an excuse, thats a fact. Chris is not saying this is why ISU lost. He is simply discussing facts.

I understand youre mad, so is everyone else. But dont jump on people for pointing out aspects of the game in a postgame radio show.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
The loss is so bad that we have turned on each other. This is a dark day.

Let us all take 24 hours to process what has happened and then regroup.
Turned on each other? Everybody seems to argue with everyone on here every day about stupid ****. No one on here likes anybody.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I have defended and defended and defended what's going on. I can't defend the offense, Lbers and secondary. The Dline was fine

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards

"While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness,accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public."

I'm not saying that Chris is unethical. I'm saying your point is BS. The idea that a journalist has a "product to sell" is disgusting and I would hope, as a journalist, Chris agrees.

In his defense, he isn't a journalist. He runs a team-centered website. The journalists are those who work for supposedly-neutral news outlets.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Fact is, if a center (no matter how good) is the difference between us winning and losing against a FCS team then we are not a good team. As if we didn't already know that.

Yet, not a single person has said Farniok was the difference in the outcome. Is the game different, most definitely. Does ISU still lose, probably.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I see no reason to get all over Chris. This was a curb stomping from the first quarter on. It was like the team just relaxed a little when they were up 14 zip, and NDSU came roaring back. That is a coaching issue. The loss of QB and your best OL sure didn't help the offense. The two suspended WRs didn't help either. Unfortunately, despite all this, the Clones are just not a very good FB team, again.

KeyserSoze

Apr 30, 2010
When you start calling out people as a host you have lost. Are you going to stop taking calls on your call-in show?

Everone is is feeling a little testy today. Let's all just try to remain civil because things won't seem as bad after a little time has passed. We've all been here before, let's try and act like it. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards

"While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness,accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public."

I'm not saying that Chris is unethical. I'm saying your point is BS. The idea that a journalist has a "product to sell" is disgusting and I would hope, as a journalist, Chris agrees.

I agree. Just report what you saw.

Why try to sugarcoat this crap and "sell" everyone on thinking we can turn this thing around. It's not going to happen. All summer long everyone was "sold" on the hype for this new season, and the team comes out and looks like the exact same team from a year ago.... or worse.

Just call it like you see it.

fsanford

Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Clearly no 3 players are more important in the history of college football than the 3 we lost today.
At least that is what the spin doctors would have you believe.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Watched the game, didn't listen to call in show. But my 2 cents isu had the game plan in place to roll ndsu, then QB gets hurt, then cotton gets thrown out, then farniok goes out.

If those things don't happen, isu wins by 20+, but they did and isu folded like a cheap folding chair and the lack of talent came through.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
You can just tell how bad it is listening to Ben and Jack.

We should improve and catch a team or two that does not want to be playing, like KU in poor weather.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
Chris has said all week that we'd know what kind of team we have about 3 pm Saturday. Now he wants us to buy that they will improve although that is unlikely

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Watched the game, didn't listen to call in show. But my 2 cents isu had the game plan in place to roll ndsu, then QB gets hurt, then cotton gets thrown out, then farniok goes out.

If those things don't happen, isu wins by 20+, but they did and isu folded like a cheap folding chair and the lack of talent came through.

This is an excuse.

ClonesTwentyOne

Feb 10, 2014
DSM Area
Chris has said all week that we'd know what kind of team we have about 3 pm Saturday. Now he wants us to buy that they will improve although that is unlikely

He's suppose to say that as a business man on the radio. I'm sure somewhere on the radio contract you are told to do so, or be booted off.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO

No. Almost every program in the country can win in the face of that.

If that's the reason we lost, it's so ******* pathetic. I feel we got a good first quarter and NDSU started flat. At same time we had injuries, they hit their stride. Injuries had an impact, but not the blame.

This program folds at the first sign of adversity and has a long proven track record of doing so.