Chris Williams making excuses left and right

CyBroncos

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I actually feel bad for CW/Whitver because the schedule just gets more brutal. When we're 0-5 after taking some major curb stomps from Baylor, Oklahoma State and probably K-State, they are going to sound 10 times more distraught.

But then we'll beat Toledo and CPR will give a passionate postgame speech and all will be right in the Cyclone world

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So because we won the 1st quarter and got destroyed the last 3 quarters today..... that makes this a better loss than the UNI loss last year where we lost the first 3 quarters and won the last quarter?

Who cares? Both losses were inexcusable and never should happen. Both UNI and NDSU manhandled us and made us look silly. And when I say manhandled us, I mean physically we didn't deserve to be on the field with them IMO. We got blown off the ball on both sides.

And Rhoads actually says afterwords that our defense is young, inexperienced, and not deep.... and that our offense is brand new and will take a while to gel. Really Paul? You are in year 6 Paul. Why is our defense young and inexperienced, and our offense is all brand new?

Good grief.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Caller: Is it discouraging to you that we can't run a screen play on offense or stop one on defense?

Chris: Yeah…well...

Jack: The first we ran worked.

Chris: Was Farniok in on that play?

Dude, if you dont understand the significance of Farniok on a screen play, they just leave and dont come back until basketball starts.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
When you start calling out people as a host you have lost. Are you going to stop taking calls on your call-in show?

Possibly. They are now playing Marv Seiler replays. Yikes. It's gotten that bad folks.

ISC

Oct 15, 2009
Iowa
Would you want to be?

1) you're just dealing with a horrible loss. Probably not having a lot of fun with Cyclone Football right now.

2) so many people are mad/disappointed/whatever, it's going to dominate the call in show. So, a few more hours of negativity to cap off a day that was already hard.

Yep... it takes a lot of discipline to be able to go on radio after a loss like this and not melt down (which i'm sure i would). Like others have said, he is close to the program and doesn't want to rip them too much. But i don't think he's making excuses for the loss, if anything his pointing out that injuries played a role in the loss actually points out the weakness of the program in not having capable backups.

Oh, and i think everyone's profile should give their "age range" (i.e. 21-25, 26-30, etc) that way I can easily weed out the immature ones :)

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
Guys Chris has a product to sell too and he's also close with the staff. It's his job to not completely put down the staff and players. Put yourself in his shoes, it's his business and livelihood.

i too thought the bison guy was crazy predicting that score and all of you thought the same thing 6 hours ago.

Right, Chris runs an ISU fan site, it's not his job to be overly critical of ISU.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
How does it matter who is snapping the ball when we throw a quick pass? All the guy does is slide the ball through his legs. Injuries are always an easy scapegoat and prevent people from looking at the real problems.

Doctor

Aug 19, 2011
Did he state that is why we lost? No.

Go away - with every post you show your lack of rational thought. Not shocking, considering the source.

Worry about yourself.

Everyone knows that there's not a D-1 team in the country that can run a successful screen pass with their 2nd string center.

They don't even have the 2's try it in practice because they know it can't be done.

It was an excuse. He's making excuses while pretending not to make excuses.

Reactions: Dreamyfred

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
What's the difference between excuses and analysis? Kind of a tough spot to try to explain something when no words will suffice.

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
Whatever.

It's an excuse, but he's not making excuses.

While we're piling on, you and clone dude are by far the worst posters on this site, and it doesn't surprise me at all that you two are leading the charge here. Nobody forces you to come to this site, and most everyone would love it if you would leave. Game was horrible, don't be a deuche and take it out on CW.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
Yes, injuries and ejections suck.....but that is why you need depth. I'm not a football expert by any means, but it does not seem to me that ISU has had much of that at some positions the last 6 years, or longer. Most teams have injuries. You have to have the backups to carry on.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
The loss is so bad that we have turned on each other. This is a dark day.

Let us all take 24 hours to process what has happened and then regroup.

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
Guys Chris has a product to sell too and he's also close with the staff. It's his job to not completely put down the staff and players. Put yourself in his shoes, it's his business and livelihood.

i too thought the bison guy was crazy predicting that score and all of you thought the same thing 6 hours ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journalism_ethics_and_standards

"While various existing codes have some differences, most share common elements including the principles of—truthfulness,accuracy, objectivity, impartiality, fairness and public accountability—as these apply to the acquisition of newsworthy information and its subsequent dissemination to the public."

I'm not saying that Chris is unethical. I'm saying your point is BS. The idea that a journalist has a "product to sell" is disgusting and I would hope, as a journalist, Chris agrees.

DFWClone

Aug 19, 2013
Is the OP wrong? No. But Chris being a homer (which he should be a homer. He runs an ISU site) should be the least of our worries.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Worry about yourself.

Everyone knows that there's not a D-1 team in the country that can run a successful screen pass with their 2nd string center.

They don't even have the 2's try it in practice because they know it can't be done.

It was an excuse. He's making excuses while pretending not to make excuses.

fat-kid-rotates-o.gif

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Fact is, if a center (no matter how good) is the difference between us winning and losing against a FCS team then we are not a good team. As if we didn't already know that.

Reactions: josh4isu

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron