Dreams

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Echoing several others here, the "forgotten class schedule" is among my common recurring dreams, and I've been out of school for 25 years. (I don't have the dream as often as I did for a few years after graduating, thought).

Closest to my version of this dream is Wesley's. It's around mid-term, and I realize I somehow completely forgot to attend one of my classes. Panic ensues.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
Of course the other great part about these dreams is I'm nearly sixty, have decided to quit work to go back to school, and I've chosen to live in the dorms again.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Excuse the lengthy list ...

My most common recurring dreams, a few similar to themes already mentioned:
  • Tornadoes. Various "plots" to this one, but essentially a funnel cloud is headed toward my house, I take cover, I'm convinced I won't survive it or that the house will be destroyed, but I come through mostly unscathed and structural damage is minimal.
  • The forgotten-colllege-class theme.
  • I'm preparing to leave for an important scheduled event or activity. It's a few hours' drive to get there, but I have plenty of time to get ready. But I can't seem to finish "packing" and at some point I realize there's no way I'm going to make it on time. If the dream lasts long enough, start time has arrived and I haven't even left home.
  • Difficult to summarize, but I'll try: I'm in a large building and need to get to another part of the facility. I know where it is, but I can't figure out how to reach it. Stairwells or elevators go only to certain levels. I have to follow another hallway to get access to another set of stairs, and the process continues.
  • Tooth-loss.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
My version of the "missing class" dream is being thrown into a marching band field show, not knowing the music or the drill.

My other common ones are trying to scream, in fear or in warning, and not being able to...trying to kick someone or something with force in self-defense, but my leg moves in slow motion...or driving a car up a ramp/off the road and launching ridiculously high into the air.

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Im in school, and I have never had a dream abut being late or not knowing my schedule. You guys worry too much.

I never had it while I was in school, but started having this one afterward. Don't speak too quickly, young grasshopper.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Excuse the lengthy list ...

My most common recurring dreams, a few similar to themes already mentioned:
  • Tornadoes. Various "plots" to this one, but essentially a funnel cloud is headed toward my house, I take cover, I'm convinced I won't survive it or that the house will be destroyed, but I come through mostly unscathed and structural damage is minimal.
  • The forgotten-colllege-class theme.
  • I'm preparing to leave for an important scheduled event or activity. It's a few hours' drive to get there, but I have plenty of time to get ready. But I can't seem to finish "packing" and at some point I realize there's no way I'm going to make it on time. If the dream lasts long enough, start time has arrived and I haven't even left home.
  • Difficult to summarize, but I'll try: I'm in a large building and need to get to another part of the facility. I know where it is, but I can't figure out how to reach it. Stairwells or elevators go only to certain levels. I have to follow another hallway to get access to another set of stairs, and the process continues.
  • Tooth-loss.

our minds must work similarly! The tornado one always shows up when I'm under a lot of stress - that or teeth crumbling/falling out. In the tornado ones, I'll be trying to get to a basement or get away and it's like I'm just running on a treadmill - moving but not going anywhere!

Ugh, the college final one.

Before we got married, I would have dreams where we were getting ready for the wedding, but things would start going wrong and I'd realize we were going to be late - now it happens about getting to work on time or some important event.

That unreachable destination one happens to me too.

for the people that mention the screaming/whisper dreams - those sound like a form of sleep paralysis, have had that a few times too. It's awful - you feel like you are screaming at the top of your lungs but can't do anything. And you usually feel like you can't move, either. Those have woken my husband up - I'm making tiny little "scared" sounds in my sleep so now he knows to wake me up during one of those.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I never had it while I was in school, but started having this one afterward. Don't speak too quickly, young grasshopper.

same here. Haven't had one in a while, but had quite a few the first couple years after graduation.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
same here. Haven't had one in a while, but had quite a few the first couple years after graduation.

Mine is always two fold. First I find out that I never signed up for two classes I need to get my degree, but then when going to sign up they tell me I need to complete a high school science course (what type of science varies, I think the dream is related t
To the teacher, not hot) and then I end up moving to my hometown and embarresingly have to take the class. Always wake up right after I finish, but right before moving back into Friley for a semester.

ZachsterPoke

Jan 4, 2010
maxresdefault.jpg

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
Dreams are very interesting. The common school one for me is realizing I haven't attended a specific class for the entire semester until the very end. Not sure why I have this one so much.

Sometimes I realize I am dreaming and can control my dream which is kind of fun. Unfortunately this never seems to happen during sex dreams.

Side note, I've heard dreams only last for a few seconds. Not sure if this is true or not, but some of mine seem like they last forever

no2cyclones

Mariner Moose
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Dreams are very interesting. The common school one for me is realizing I haven't attended a specific class for the entire semester until the very end. Not sure why I have this one so much.

This is the one I'm referring to. And it's always the same useless gen-ed class, for some reason.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I still remember very vividly a dream that I had when I was 5 years old about a tornado. In the dream I fell asleep on a chair in what used to be the play room in our house (adding to how vivid this dream still remains; the only reason I remember that chair is because of this dream. We got rid of it for a newer chair early on in my childhood). I woke up (still in the dream) to a news report of a man being picked up and carried by a tornado for 5 miles before being thrown back to the ground. No idea who the guy was, but I had a humongous fear of severe weather for most of my childhood after that. So much so that just the sight of a thunderhead would give me panic attacks. Nowadays I love severe weather, and I know a ton about weather because my fear as a child made me want to learn more about it.

My most common dream today is being thrown into a musical without having had time to learn the lines or songs. Haven't been in a play since high school, and I never had a problem with lines, but I still have these dreams.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
This reminds me.. Has anyone heard of "the man" that thousands of people have supposedly seen in their dreams? (I'm not going to post a picture because it would just further the hoax, and I'm sure many people know what I'm talking about).

Supposedly, all of these people (who have no connection to each other) have seen the same man in a dream. After doing some digging I found that it was a marketing tactic. The reason I'm mentioning is that there may be a horror movie coming out based on this "man". Could potentially be a very interesting movie. Especially if they try to make it seem like a true story.